Pain Relief with Acupuncture?

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2006 at 12:34 am

I went to my first acupuncture session a couple of days ago in hopes of non-narcotic pain relief. The jury is still out on the success of acupuncture so far.

Has anyone else had any pair relief with acupuncture?

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2006 at 4:49 pm

acupuncture for neurological pain releif can be real but is temporary. you must keep going back. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2006 at 10:28 pm

Hi,

I had acupuncture done about 5 times and twice with the added tens unit on the needles. It worked for one day each time. It is only temporary and, at that time, the insurance wouldn’t cover it. I don’t know now if it is covered. I just didn’t like all the time and money for one day’s relief. It wasn’t enough relief to warrant driving 400 miles total and the next day I was the same as before.

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2006 at 12:22 pm

I just received my second acupuncture treatment this morning. When I left for the appointment, I had high hopes. Now I am very depressed with the thought of having to possibly take narcotic drugs again. The treatments work, but only for a short time.

I have type 2 diabetes and am controlling it with diet alone. Any time I bring up foot pain, the doctors seem to want to blame the pain almost exclusively on diabetes.

The company I work for requires an annual physical each year. The year- before-last the Doctor had circled my blood sugar level (>500) on the blood work and wrote that I should come in an be retested after fasting. When I got the report in the mail, I left it unopened my desk. Yes, Stupid :rolleyes: … but the point is, I went a year with high blood sugar, and never had the first sign of foot pain. If I had experienced my pain before GBS, the pain would be easy to accept.

Since GBS, I have lost interest in all the things I used to love to do. It is all I can do to work and rest. If the doctors are right about the cause of my foot pain, I know I need to exercise much more and drop my weight down, but I don’t know what kind of exercise I can do that won’t completely drain me down, and it is very hard to exercise with feet like mine.

I feel like I am laying my problems on all of you, but really all I am doing is asking you all for any advise you can give me. Please keep writing, it really helps me to know that there are others who have gone through what I have.

Thank you so much for listening…Good Luck and Good Health To All.

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2006 at 12:21 am

We are all so differently unique! Acupuncture made enough difference for me that I was able to go back to yoga and pilates classes. I found that I did not need the same amount of pain medication, wherefor the total cost was less and besides, I felt so much better. Not every thing will work for every one, so, for the most part it seems to be “trial & error”. And then again, as our bodies continue to seek healing, other modalities may need to be tried. Don’t give up! I wish you well.