Pain from Nerve Biopsy

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2007 at 12:20 pm

Hello everyone I want to a physio therapy place today and he did an evaluation on me. I am having problems with my hands (tendinitis, Raynaud’s)and overall body strength and the pain from my nerve biopsy I had June 9 2005. He told me the pain I have from my nerve biopsy is scar tissue and a Neuroma. He put gel there and some some thing like a wand probably and some kind of ultrasound for my ankle.

So now after 2 years of pain I know why it still hurts. He checked the strength in my hands 3 times in a row and he told me I was getting weaker every time I did it. I explained to him how the light duties I am on is not always light duties if you have to go at a fast pace. I get burnt out and tired. He told me my family DR should fill out that functional abilities form right away. He felt I shouldn’t be doing that kind of work at that fast of pace.

The visit was short I expected more from my first visit. But I like the person who did the my examination and he even knew about CIDP. Which is surprising in my small town since most Dr’s don’t know what it is.

That is all for now

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2007 at 2:29 pm

Sue I am glad you got some answers. Understanding why our bodies hurt is a big part of this and hopefully once the Doctor fills out that form for work we can get you back on to the road for recovery so you don’t have so many set back at work. Just another case of don’t give up and dig for more information on why this is happening and if something can be done! Glad you found someone that understands CIDP. Have a GREAT SUMMER! 😎

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Hi Kit Thanks 🙂 I found out my DR did fill out the form and that my workplace got it last week. The woman who received the form doesn’t have time to make a copy for me today but will have time tomorrow. Also next week when I go back to physio I will bring a copy of the form my DR filled out for the physio person to see if it was filled out properly. If not maybe he could add a personal note for me to bring to work.

Sue

• June 4, 2007 at 4:33 pm

Good luck with this work issue Sue. It seems to be a thorn in your side, I am glad you are finally getting the proper documentation for work. Hopefully they can find you a job that will allow you to relax a little! Good luck! Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2007 at 4:45 pm

Hi Dawn Kevies mom. Yes work has been a thorn in my side. Some people don’t believe I have medical problems. This year new ones has cropped up and I am now trying to deal with that also. I can only go for about 6 physio visit. But at least I will know how to face work and life head on without feeling so depress once they help me figure out an exercise program I can do at home.

The fact that the person who did the assessment knows about CIDP is great and I can tell he doesn’t like the jobs I have to do at work. So I have an somebody on my side.

Thanks again

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2007 at 6:06 pm

Sue,

I’m so happy for you that you’ve found someone who understands CIDP and is able to help you to understand what has been happening with your nerve pain. Having an understanding medical professional makes the burden of having a handicap so much lighter.
      I hope his intervention will help you to get some relief at work.

Best wishes always,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2007 at 6:12 pm

Thank You Suzanne I hope so to.

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2007 at 9:32 pm

That person will know and understand what to do to build up strength and more important, how to do it and do it right. It mite be slow going at first, but, going slow at first then being consistent will really make a difference.
      Keep faith.

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2007 at 9:39 pm

Hi Homeagain. I figure it will be slow at first. I hope not to slow as my insurance company only pays 80% of my therapy to a maximum $250.00. If I was in a hospital overnight then the DR could request it for me and it would be free.

I was disappointed that the first visit was short. I hope next week visit is longer.

Thanks

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 5, 2007 at 5:37 pm

I got a copy of the form my DR filled out it is good except for the fact he wrote that I had CIDP and Carpel Tunnel. I don’t have Carpel Tunnel I have tendinitis. I did ask my Neurologist if I had carpel tunnel and she said no and my Rheumatologist told me I had tendinitis. Actually he never wrote anything about my Raynaud’s on the form either.

Well that is the update. The form say to change jobs every 20 minutes. I don’t think I could do that but at least when I know I had enough of a job I could ask to switch. It says I have a limitation of gripping and hold stuff and also not to have my arms above my shoulders.

I left a voice mail message with his secretary to tell him about the mistake of him saying I have Carpel Tunnel when I don’t.
      I am hoping he can fax a brief note to my work place explaining the mistake. He only works at the clinic Mondays and Fridays

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 6, 2007 at 1:29 pm

Sue,
      I’m wondering what kind of pain you have from the nerve biopsy. I had mine last May and still feel brief, sharp, shooting, “zinging” pain in my ankle, below the biopsy site. The pains have gotten less frequent, but not less intense. My hope is that, eventually, they will stop altogether– but maybe that’s too much to hope?

Caryn

PS. I get sharp shooting pains in other places, but none with that electrical “zinging” feeling.

• Anonymous
      June 6, 2007 at 5:28 pm

Hi Caryn I get the shooting pains like a knife is in me and zingers. Now I know why it still hurts. Now just to wait and see whether the physio people can help me. I take my Lyrica for that.

I hope you are taking something for the pain like gabapentin/Neurontin or other drugs that help the zingers.

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 7, 2007 at 2:40 pm

Hi Sue,
      Actually I just tolerate the pain since, although intense, it is occasional, so I’m not on any meds for it at this time. The frequency of the nerve biopsy pain has decreased over time, but the other shooting pains have increased. At some point I may need to look into neurontin or something like that.

Thanks,
      C