pain after GBS

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2006 at 10:59 pm

I was one of the lucky ones in that pain was never a symptom of my GBS (apart from pain inflicted by the physios lol)

I am now almost 4 months post GBS and find i am starting to get quite a bit of pain in my left hand, which coincidentally is where i still get occasional “buzzes” which to me feel like electrical impulses. I can remember getting these in my hands and feet when i first started to get movement back so they never really concerned me, i figured it was all part of the regeneration process. I also had mild pain in my feet, espedcially at the end of the day but this is also getting worse, to the point where by night i am having trouble walking.

I’m just wondering if these could be considered residuals considering i never had any pain during GBS itself and is this kind of pain “normal”.

Thanks for listening.

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2006 at 9:19 am

hi yolande,

your pain regardless of source sounds normal. w time it will prolly diminish. if it bothers you too much try neurontin. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2006 at 6:38 pm

Hi Yolande (like your name)

Thought I would add my pennyworth. (Okay, I know we are now working in Euros and cents but really! I like to stick with ‘real’ money!)

I had pain with GBS. As I got movement back the pain vanished. It was such a relief when my legs stopped hurting that I missed pretty much anything else!

Yet the buzzes and electrical impulses you mention are still rather fresh in my mind cos they scared me until I discovered that they were probably caused by the nerves mending, not by GBS starting up all over again. I reckon it must be rather weird to not have had pain during the GBS attack and to be experiencing it now, as you improve. A bit scary I would imagine. It was put to me that the buzzes etc were the nerves mending. And that made sense to me.

Now, based on the fact that I have no real idea and I have been drinking, I would suspect that what you are feeling is your nerves mending. Simply because I had those buzzes and electrical zapps. They are weird, aren’t they?

I personally think that if yo are feelingthos ezapps that your nerves are mending.

Teresa