One year and ???

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2007 at 9:18 pm

I am one-year post GBS (very mild case) and it seems like I am starting to get weaker again. My arms feel heavy and my grip is weakening. My leg muscles look normal, but they tire more easily and I have a lot of muscle movement (fasiculations?) under the skin of my calves. I have the buzzing sensations in my arms and legs especially when I am tired and I am SCARED that something else is wrong with me. My skin feels normal now except for the bottoms of my feet, where I have some burning pain when I walk. I don’t want to tell my husband about these feelings because I feel like such a wimp, but tell me please if this is at all normal after this amount of time? :confused:

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2007 at 8:41 am

hi ig,

you are not a wimp & must tell your hubby. the odds are you are overdoing it & must rest big time [many, many hours a day] lying down. if after a month you don’t feel better, it is time to see your neuro & let him know it is not your residuals. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2007 at 9:21 pm

Ditto Gene. If rest doesn’t help, make your hubby aware and your neuro also. Take care.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2007 at 10:50 pm

Thank you both. I have been doing well and coworkers, friends and family (and me) expect me to be able to do everything I used to. I will try to get more rest and give it a month or so, because I know that weakness and buzzing can fluctuate (for whatever reason or no reason at all). I just kind of thought I was past all that. Hopefully, I will be feeling better again in a few weeks. 🙂

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2007 at 5:10 am

You really have to take it easy. Remember that GBS means ‘Getting Better Slowly’.