one afo gone one to go

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Just got rid of one afo on my right foot dr and physical therapist say I dont need it. Bought a regular size pair of shoes today . boy does it feel weird. I have had my afo on for over two years. Not ready to get rid of the left one yet but soon. Went back to my crutches for a while just until i get used to it. then i will go back to using just my cane. tomorrow i go back to therapy and drive my self there that should be interesting. Anyone else where afos then get rid of them again?

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Hi JoJo! Well that sounds like very good news and I hope that you will get usedto the feeling and end up seeing the other AFO get gone too! Congrats! Good luck JoJo!
      Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2009 at 8:21 pm

walked the GBS walk on saturday without my afo. still trying to recover. walked the miracle mile. I was the last to finish but i did it. My hands and feet have gone numb again. Dont know what to think my mom is not concerned but i am. Diagnosed CIDP post gbs. New to this whole CIDP so dont know if i should be worried or if this is to be expected. Posted on the CIDP site as well. Any advice would be great.

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2009 at 3:56 pm

I have right foot drop and I am getting my first afo on Tuesday. Anything I should keep in mind?

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2009 at 7:18 pm

watch for rubbing. I had to have pads put in mine when i got the hinged kind. the others did okay but i wasnt walking in them . didnt walk until hinged kind.

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2009 at 8:07 am

Thanks. No rubbing so far.

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2009 at 2:44 pm

at least part of the time and for a little while. Went back to using my crutches for the time being. it is weird. i feel that the left foot is weak but pt h as assuresd me it is not. so i will try .tingling is still there expeciall y noticible in my hands today.