Numbness with pressure, bending and exertion

• March 17, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Sorry, I”m sure yall are so sick of my questions, i still just have so many, especially without a “typical” diagnosis! My motor symptoms have GREATLY improved, but my numbness is in some ways better some ways worse. I couldn’t feel the IV go in on my last IVIG… which of course has it’s advantages, but it also a bit wierd!
      I have noticed for a while my symptoms are worse with heat and exertion, including the numbness . But the last few days noticed a new detail. when I bend or put pressure on a limb the numbness worsens. Ie i had my arm under my head for only a moment and my shoulder joint was totally numb – not the rest of the arm.. when I have my knees or elbows bent, that joint that is bent is more numb- even if just for a few seconds. If I cross my legs my thighs are numb almost immediately.. more so than “normal” Anyone else have this?

• March 22, 2012 at 3:38 am

I sometimes wake up with my arm asleep from where i lay on it—my feet are numb all of the time anyway due to this lovely disease so i dont know if they get worse with pressure on them. Heat and exertion also make my symptoms worse.

• March 22, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I get this all the time can no longer sit with my ankles or legs crossed also I get with my arms- if I sit on my legs on the floor both my legs fall asleep all the way to my hips and I can’t get up – also get tingling with exertion less so with heat for me- I also have raynauds of hands and sometimes get numbness from this – I am glad your motor symptoms are improving – the sensory stuff can be increased with healing too so does not necessarily mean you are getting worse – I hope this is the case for you!

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2012 at 6:27 pm

With minimal exertion my numbness of my legs gets worse and my right arm also becomes extremely painful and numb even if I am not using my arm. If I sit on our kitchen stool my legs will become numb within minutes. Any pressure or friction over any body part from the neck down will cause some weird sensation.