normal EMG

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2007 at 9:38 am

[B][SIZE=”2″][COLOR=”SeaGreen”][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]I Have had two EMG that have been deemed Normal. But…… there are still muscle spasms pain fatigue weakness numbness. I have not had any real electrical shocks lately but the pain is still there. I also had a Brain MRI that came back ask the doctor said normal. soooo. she thinks that I do not have any thing goinig on from my gbs/mf in 2005 I was told in 2006 that it was CIDP now they are telling me that I HAD GBS but no longer and this that I am feeling cannot be from that. legs swell till they almost bleed if I am on them too long and have Done almost every test under the sun and all come back normal this is soooo frustrating. I have normal tsh levels but yet elevated levels in specific thyroid tests above and beyond tsh test (also have a cold nodule on thyroid) gp will not acknowledge it as a posssible problem. I am getting soo frustrated. And my nuero said that she would treat me for my thyroid I do not know any more there are many differnt things I GUESS but I just love how it changes over and over and still have no answers. 🙁

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2007 at 10:31 am

Has anyone suggest Hoshimoto’s disease to you? It’s an auto-immune disorder & has to do with the thyroid. I thought of it because you mentioned your thyroid tests.

Here is an explanation from The Mayo Clinic. I think it *might* fit into your symptoms.

(copy & paste into browser) [url]http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hashimotos-disease/DS00567/DSECTION=2[/url]

Hope that helps & keep on those dr’s. You don’t have those kinds of symptoms for no reason at all.

Kelly

• September 14, 2007 at 10:57 am

Hi,
      I understand your frustration, we also had the gbs dx, cidp dx, and gbs again. I also had Kevin tested for Hashimotto as Kelly mentioned, it came back negative. Good luck in your quest for an answer!

Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2007 at 2:16 pm

Thank you for all your responses I just think tha it is funny that my gp wont do anything for me just tells me that thyroid is ok. But………… my nuero is getting all these tests and answers this is outside her realm of medicine speciality. yes we both agree with hashimotos thyroid have to go to endocrinologist but my nuero thinks that the endo will not do anything for me. this is sooooo frustrating. my nuero is willing to try to treat it but what if it is not that? then what?:confused:

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2007 at 7:47 pm

I wouldn’t let then neuro treat Hoshimoto’s. You NEED to find a dr that specializes in treating the endocrine system – not the nervous system. If you go to an endocrinologist & they won’t do anything for you then you keep hunting until you find one that will. Eventually you will find a dr to treat you.

Good luck,
      Kelly