News Story about "The Fridge" getting GBS

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2009 at 6:53 am

Wow, first bankruptcy and now this. You have to feel bad for William Perry

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlvPSBfR20LZb1qIm81Zd_9DubYF?slug=ap-perryhospitalized&prov=ap&type=lgns

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2009 at 7:10 am

Thanks for sharing this! Shows this disease can attack the famous, rich, poor and anybody it wants to attack. This economy really scares me! I am seeing some very wealthy people loosing their homes and everything else. I am just glad my place is paid for. Me and my husband don’t use credit cards. We pay for everything in cash! If we can’t afford it we don’t buy it! High life styles can really turn a person into a poor one really quick. The more money you make in an income the more desires of wanting to have the nice home and nice cars. But that money can be spent very quickly. And the worst part. As we get older that income can end very fast. Leaving a person in bankruptcy!
      Hate to hear another GBS patient being added to the list of those that already have it. And hope Fridge Perry gets well again and becomes famous again! Will be praying for him and his family!
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Mr Perry had GBS last June and the article today called this “chronic inflammatory” as did a couple other articles–making me wonder if it is GBS that he has still. One newspaper article on line even said that this is now CIDP he is facing. He was hospitalized the first time for 5 months. He is hospitalized now for “complications” of the “chronic inflammatory” illness. It is sad to think that this is likely CIDP, but I hope he gets treatment and gets better.
      WithHope

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2009 at 7:20 pm

I was confused by their description of this as being “chronic”. It may be, or it may be complications from GBS. GBS does not become CIDP. They are different in their onset, but both are often misdiagnosed. Whatever he has, I wish him well and hope he gets better soon.

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Yes I was questioning that article in my head thinking did he have a relapse or a new case of GBS or what. Did not sounds like the classic onset of CIDP to me from what I have read from the others but then we all know there is no classic case of GBS or CIDP! I as a STEELERS FAN wish him well and his family the best! I am sure he has heard that Dwayne Wooddruff of the STEELERS and now a Judge in PIttsburgh has a daughter that had a severe case of GBS at the same time as I did and he had a great support group for her. I hope the “refrig” has many many caregivers to keep him comfortable and that he can REST REST REST! We can not say enough about our caregivers and their support!