News of Steve’s Heart Surgery

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2007 at 10:54 pm

Hello GBS family,

Today Steve had his heart surgery. I had told him I would keep his GBS family informed of his progress, while he did not have a computer available to him.

The operation went well and as of this afternoon they had removed the breathing tube and he was breathing on his own.

I would like to thank each of you that has had and continues to have him in your prayers. Last night while we were chatting he told me he could feel all the prayers and love that was being sent to him.

This site and all of you, his GBS family has been a life line for him while he faced the challenge of GBS and this recent operation. All of you are truly God’s earth angels by the support and helpful information that is shared.

Thank you again for all that has come to my dear friend.

Angel

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2007 at 11:19 pm

Wonderful!!! So glad his surgery went well! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 12:25 am

I’ve been off for awhile and just catching up!
      Please let “Mocha Cat” Steve, know we will all continue to pray for his quick recovery. Hopefully this will make him feel much better later on.
      You are a wonderful friend! Keep up the posts.

Joyce:p

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 12:29 am

Angel ~ thank you for the update on Steve. Please take my hugs to him and tell him I will keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Thank you for being a good friend to Steve 🙂

• August 9, 2007 at 12:15 pm

That is awesome to hear! thank you so much for the update!

We know Steve has had a rough time with all of this, and we are really glad he found us.

Hugs to you for your love and support. Steve is blessed….and so are you.

Lori

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 1:00 pm

Angel, Thank You for keeping us updated! Big Hugs! That is Awesome News!!! Please give Steve my Best!! and Huge Hugs also!!! Remind him, what gbs stands for(Getting Better Slowly) don’t let him rush recovery!;) Again Thanks for the update.:)

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 1:18 pm

That is such wonderful news! I have been thinking and praying for him constantly. I was hoping he would have someone post on how he was doing – thank you for that.

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 1:21 pm

Angel, sorry I forgot to ask …. did it turn out to be a double or triple bypass? Last I remember Steve said the doc didnt know.

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 11:51 pm

Thank you for the update! Glad to hear all went well. We will be anxious to hear from him again when he is feeling better!

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 12:04 am

angel, i will continue to keep steve in my prayers. hope he has a complete recovery. barara

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 9:29 am

Hello dear family,

Spoke to Steve yesterday afternoon. He has been moved to a room and all but two tubes have been removed. There is soreness from the operation but is receiving pain meds for management. He was so cute telling me that they have him really drugged.

Thank you everyone for all the prayers and kind posts. The healing power of prayer is so important and can be witness by Steve’s progress.

Angel

• August 10, 2007 at 9:38 am

Hi,

I am happy that Steve is making such great progress. I will be praying for the progress to continue.

Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• August 10, 2007 at 2:03 pm

Say hi to Steve from Iceland, he has been in my prayer´s
      love and hug from Iceland
      Helga

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 2:55 pm

Angel,

Thank you for the updates on Steve’s progress, and thank you for being there for him. I know you probably make him feel much better than he would otherwise.

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 3:50 pm

Angel,

Thanks for the update, Steve continues to be in my prayers. I am looking forward to when he can come back and be with us. Take care.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 4:46 pm

Thank you everyone,

Steve continues to improve each day. Soon he will be posting and will bring everyone up to date of his experience.

Everyone’s prayers and support has helped inmeasureably in his recovery.

Thank you again,
      Angel