New Years Thanks

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I got locked out of the forum for a while–forgot my password. I realized how important this site is to me and especally all of you. We share so much that many will never understand even those we wish could “get it”. Had a friend of 35 years over yesterday during my infusion and she just doesn’t get it I can’t travel with her. No way I could say well you’re too energetic (disorganized/loud) and with my CIDP I have certain needs (my nurse that was here had her say about my friend being obtuse). Yes, I can travel but it has to be with folks who understand and can accommodate me. So even through I have CIDP I am making excuses for someone who doesn’t understand. Sigh…

I want to know how much I appreciate this forum and the incredible support from you all. My CIDP is progressing and I find myself being surprised. It’s a slow progression that I notice only when I see yet another thing I try to do is too hard or I can’t do it. I find I so enjoy my quiet times, my books and being with friends. I try not to be sad of all the things I can no longer do or enjoy. When I went to the infusion clinic one Cidper said we don’t notice how small our world has gotten till later. It is smaller but I do accept this on some level and my fatigue helps me not notice it as much.

May this New Year be a gift of learning and acceptance.
      Many blessings,
      Limekat

• January 3, 2012 at 7:01 pm

glad you are back on limekat ๐Ÿ™‚ I agree no one knows what cidp is like better than us who are dealing with it. I don’t even try to explain it to other people in my everyday life.
      Pretty much all of my venting, frustration and just plain “thinking things through or processing” this whole disease is done on here.
      I hear you with the traveling ๐Ÿ™ I am 47, kids are finally old enough so I thought I would be able to enjoy traveling. Had so many places i wanted to see, hike, bike,ski etc. I am still hoping to find the treatment that gets me back to being able to do those things. Travel is really no fun for me right now–no sense in going if i cant do things i enjoy.
      anyway glad to have you back!!!write down that password somewhere so you don’t forget it again.

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Thanks for the posts. Let’s all hope for a better 2012, in small ways, or big ways. It took me a while to get back in the flow of the ‘new” forums. Let’s hope everyone makes it back. The last time the forums switched, we lost a lot of posters.

Although I don’t have the IVIG problems traveling, I do have both mobility and stiffness issues. I recently travelled to my parents house with a friend driving. Although I told her I needed to get out every 2 hours at most to stretch, she wanted to drive on through. By the end of the trip I was in a lot of pain.

Sometimes even when you say so, it still doesn’t work….. Ah-h-h well.

Good Luck, Blessings for 2012

• February 10, 2012 at 3:49 am

Happy new year to all of yall! I agree, I have really missed being on these forums.. Its so nice to “talk” to people who I can relate with! And i’m sure my hubby is glad when I can talk to other people about all of this too ๐Ÿ™‚ Ahh to travel does sound NICE! I think we all need a vacation after I know one STRESSFUL 2011!!! Hope 2012 brings many great things and better health to all of yall!