new to gbs forum

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 1:30 am

I would like to say hello. I have begun to read some of the info from the forum and you are very helpful. I don’t feel I’m ready quite yet , to share my story in regards the trauma that led up to to being diagnosed with gbs. I was diagnosed with gbs in nov.08 and I’m just now trying to learn more info of gbs. It has been a long journey to get to this point of living with gbs. I know the journey will continue but I can learn and be informed.

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 7:25 am

Lovemyford,
      Welcome
      How right you are about the long journey!
      Good luck to you on your journey.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 8:56 am

I am three weeks out of the hospital and recovering quickly. My fear is that I do not know what to expect. I am walking with a cane and most time in the house without it. Feeling is mainly back in my hands and feet. Someday I feel like I can do just about anything and some days I spend most of my time in bed. What is normal? Reading the forum I feel lucky, my improvement has been quick. I have so many questions but looking at the forum there appears to be no particular answer. I am confident that I will return to normal life but……will I. I can I am looking for success stories.

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Did you register with the foundation? They will send you a book called the OVERVIEW that offers the most written on our condition out there. There are so many totally successful recoveries out there that do not come to this forum because they have “moved on” and do not need “support”. Welcome and I hope you find what you are looking for and also I wish you to be well.

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 1:07 pm

[QUOTE=Harryb]I am three weeks out of the hospital and recovering quickly. My fear is that I do not know what to expect. I am walking with a cane and most time in the house without it. Feeling is mainly back in my hands and feet. Someday I feel like I can do just about anything and some days I spend most of my time in bed. What is normal? Reading the forum I feel lucky, my improvement has been quick. I have so many questions but looking at the forum there appears to be no particular answer. I am confident that I will return to normal life but……will I. I can I am looking for success stories.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum. You sound like you are doing awesome .You are making a very quick recovery the way it sounds. Have you started a journal?
      Some stuff takes time to get better and it really does help to write in a journal to look back on to see where you have been.
      Take care

Ron