New sheriff in town

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Ok,not really a sheriff but new GBS patient. started PT today and not happy with how little I can do. But reading this I realize how well off i am kind of a weird situation the ER docs were well versed with the problem and caught it quickly. Never went on respirator but last 1/4 to 1/2 of my lung capasity. Well arms and hands are wearing out thanks for the area to vent.:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 8:57 pm

Welcome! The good news is that every day or two you will find you can do more. It comes back slowly, but it does come back with time and therapy. Listen to the therapists. The times I had the most trouble were when I was lazy or rebellious. When I listened and did what they said, I made progress.

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2008 at 7:05 am

dane,

swimming is one of the best exercises to help the diaphram recover. you must recover from any pt in 12 to 18 hours or it is too much. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2008 at 2:14 am

Welcome Dane and nice to meet you. Hope to get to know you better. Take Gene’s advice on not over-doing things. Ask lots of questions if you need to, we are here to help.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2008 at 4:17 pm

Hi Dane, Welcome to The Family. We have a saying around here-GBS=getting better slowly, take things slow and with a positive attitude and You will go far in Your recovery. Vent anytime about anything. Take care.

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2008 at 4:29 pm

Dane, Welcome to our GBS family. Ask away when you have questions as there is always someone around who can answer them or steer you in the right direction!

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2008 at 8:14 pm

Thanks- its killing me I am a road and Mountain bike competitor/ and it hurts watching all this good weather go to waste and i cant go race. Soon, I am trying to start riding again this weekend, I have a 72 Mile charity ride for a food bank I need to train for I have a few months for it so hopefully i will be ready. Dane

• Anonymous
      April 28, 2008 at 6:20 pm

I heard that gun slinging is good PT for GBS!