Nerve "zingers"?

• June 13, 2013 at 7:25 am

Hello all – hope everyone is doing well! I am going on almost 2 years of IVIG now.. but I have a question – Does anyone else experience nerve zinging pain? If I hit my hand, or even just touch my foot/ankle it zings all the way down to my fingers or toes.. it’s like that many places.. It’s like when you hit your “funny bone”.. but it’s other nerves with barely any pressure – even just the slightest touch.. it is on my most affected areas.. I’m not a classic CIDP as far as EMG/ncv findings go… so always curious about my weird symptoms!?!

• June 14, 2013 at 6:08 pm

I have been on IVIG for 19 years and I get zingers once in a while. I don’t think mine are as severe as yours. Those of us with CIDP have a variety of strange pains etc. It doesn’t seem like any two of us are the same. I hope yours go away or lighten up.

• GH
      June 14, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Nothing like what you describe, but localized spontaneous “zings” are not unusual. It’s like being sliced with a knife (I suppose).

• June 17, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Thinking about zingers. As I said I get them once in a while. I do get itching daily. Always a large area – e.g. hip – for a few months then moves to another. Nothing on the skin to show a cause. I think it is CIDP kicking up. However, itching is a lot better than a zinger!

• June 18, 2013 at 3:06 am

THank yall so much – I have had “shocks” since the beginning.. where they stop me in my tracks.. but the zinger sensation with a slight touch is new and weird!!!

I have had the water droplet sensation all along as well, but have another new symptom – of warm/hot water being poured down a nerve.. it’s the strangest thing.. I’ll just be sitting there and almost jump due to the hot water sensation- yall have this?? with a questionable diagnosis, i’m always curious if others have similar symptoms as myself!! Thanks again!!!

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Recently diagnosed with CIDP and I have had singers like the ones you described for over a year. Mine travels from the outside of my right calf into my knee. Its usually just a second (like an electric shock). I give a yell and usually bang my calf because I didn’t know what was causing it until now.

• August 29, 2013 at 6:58 am

I get something that might be referred to as zingers, although, I think of them as waves of fast electrical energy zipping through my feet like waves. Yes, weird, I know. Anyone get these?

• October 4, 2013 at 8:00 am

Thanks yall!! It’s really the strangest thing.. the area on the outside of my left ankle/lower leg that used to be so sensitive now seems resolved.. though It’s strange, but i can’t tell if i’m more numb, or less numb or the same since it resolved.. the one on my hand is healing and now the bottom of my other foot is bothering me- it’s really so odd!!! Stevemckean- I get the shocks, especially when I’m going into an exacerbation.. I remember the ones down my back (not typical sciatica, something very different).. in the beginning and after my first big exacerbation

Bill- oh the itching!!! I have been having a tough time with that recently!!! I can scratch and scratch till I bleed (literally), but it doesn’t seem to satisfy the itch! it’s like my skin is numb, but the itch nerve is fully intact… it’s maddening! Benadryl doesn’t seem to help.. except it will knock me out so I dont’ feel it anymore!

Tagged: