Nerve Damage and Sexual Function/Dysfunction?

• December 4, 2017 at 9:42 am

Hi there,

I know this is a sensitive topic, but it’s really been bothering me lately.

I am a young, 29 year old transgender man. [meaning I was born female and have female anatomy but live as a man] I don’t mind who answers this post, men or women, I am just wondering if others experience what I am going through.

Basically, I have very little feeling ‘down there’. It was never a problem before, because I was newly on the hormone testosterone and my sex drive was high. Now that I have been on it for about ten years and everything has evened out, I am finding that I am feeling very well…blah.

I have depression along with having had Guillain Barre Syndrome at age 8. It is being treated. However, I feel like this is more a sexuality issue. I just feel like every time I try to ‘get there’ nothing happens, because, well, I can’t really feel anything! Or, I just get weird sensations that run down my legs that are kind of painful.

I was wondering if anyone else, of any gender, experiences this lack of sensation/feeling in their genital area? Is this normal? How do you talk to your doctor about this? What kind of things do you do to bring back that sexuality? Should I just accept that I am not a sexual being any more?

Thanks!

• December 4, 2017 at 8:12 pm

well this is same here painful and it dont feel like it used to be. I have not talk about it but if some one has Iwould like to hear what they say is it nervdamage or what is the brain playing tricks on us
      Greatings from Iceland Helga