need more therapy

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Its Been One Year And Seven Long Months, Dads Getting Better Slowly But Now They Say Therapy Is Almost Up. He Needs Therapy And Im Scared He Will Decline In Function And Get Depressed. This Has Been So Tough On The Family, I Hope One Day This Storm/ Hurricane Passes By And I Can Just Look Back At It! So Now I Hope Theres Someone Who Has Encountered A Problem With Medicare Where They Came Across The Limit! Is There A Plateau Stage In Gbs? Does That Last ? Please Help Im From Miami Fla My Name Is Julio And Im Just Trying To Get My Father Well Again! May God Bless U All

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2008 at 1:08 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”2″]Julio,
      Sorry for the distress you are feeling.
      You don’t mention who says therapy is almost up, the Therapists, Medicare or the Dr.?
      Am sorry that i don’t know how Medicare works, but it seems to me that[B][I] it is up to the treating Physician and therapists to say when the time is up?[/I][/B]
      Hoping someone on this site will be able to help you,
      Wishing you and your Dad all the best.
      V[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Don’t now what condition your dad is in but whatever happens remember that nerves heal with or without therapy. Hopefully he will continue to get better, but I’m afraid GBS will always be part of him. Good luck, Jeff

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2008 at 6:55 am

Julio,
      Can your family be trained to do therapy at home? My husband helps me with therapy because it’s too far and inconvenient for me to go to the actual location. Plus most of the exercises are simple once you get to know how to do them, the key is to know when to stop and to learn your father’s limits. This is not impossible, it just takes a little work.

Julie