need info a best rehab center

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2010 at 12:28 pm

I posted this question somewhere and I don’t know where it went…..
      My sister was diagnosed in March 2010 with GBS We are in desperate need of an excellent rehab center. We live in Michigan and willing to travel anywhere, so please if any o9f you have and suggestions it will be very much appreciated.
      My sister got C-diff infection about 3 months ago and had to have her colon removed also their insurance ran out and she is at home and she has physical therapists and occupational and speech therapists come in 3 times a week. their insurance hospital days ran out and that is why they brought her home (9/27/2010) Insurance hospital days have been reinstated and we are willing to travel anywhere in the state of Michigan to get the best rehab facility.
      The center she was in before (Health Source in Saginaw Michigan) did nothing for her. It was like a nursing home 16 patients to 1 nurse, and I really don’t think they ever heard of GBS. So PLEASE PLEASE send any recommendations
      that you have or know of. We need this info as soon as possible.
      Thank you to all and God Bless, you have all been very helpful to me before so I hope you can again.

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I was an inpatient at the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan for almost 2 months (though this was 19 years ago). Their facility did not resemble a nursing home and was quite nice. They also made sure I had some form of therapy a few times daily; physical, occupational, speech, recreational. I wish you all the best.

Take care,

Tina

• November 24, 2010 at 11:13 pm

I live in Michigan also. I went to University of Michigan Hospital’s Inpatient in Ann Arbor. This is a GREAT hospital/inpatient and they had a lot of therapists that specialize in patients with GBS. I highly recommend this rehab facility if you are able to get in. (There is sometimes a waiting list.)