neck pain

• November 12, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Do most or any of yall have neck pain with this whole CIDP thing?? I have had “normal” neck pains on and off for years.. but since this whole thing started, i get that same nerve like pain that I get in my limbs, but in my neck… My MRI’s of my necks show mild degenerative disk problems, nothing out of the ordinary.. so I have always figured it has to be tied into the rest of this .. as it got worse when I missed my IVIG last month.

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Coincidentally (or maybe not), for the first time in my life I started suffering with severe neck pain and spasms right around the same time my CIDP symptoms began. I attributed it to a neck injury at that time, but it has lingered now for over 3 1/2 years. An MRI showed moderate to severe spinal stenosis, and some advanced arthritis, so there is at least radiographic evidence of something fairly significant, but I still say CIDP has a lot to do with it.

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm

go to a good massage therapist….she fixed me in 1 session …deep massage,,,like she was taking my head off…..she is the one that does thai stretch on me..

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2012 at 2:17 am

I do see a massage therapist and I will mention the thai stretch to her. I am glad it worked so well for you.

• November 14, 2012 at 3:15 am

bny  I find regular massages, and chiropractic adjustments both very helpful.  I think we get pain in parts of our bodies that may be overworked trying to compensate for the areas weakened from the cidp.

• November 15, 2012 at 3:22 am

Thank yall so much!!! OOO i want to do the massage thing, I have had a massage certificate since LAST mothers day and still haven’t found time to use it!!! My muscles can be so sore, i think it would feel great!!!

Do any of yall get trigger fingers when you use them (like when I am applying pressure on them, cleaning hard or something like that), my pinkies and thumbs especially get trigger finger like for a bit afterwards..

Since skipping my IVIG I also have WAY more paresthesias – i keep thinking i have hot water running down my leg and pooling in my shoe, but its just these sensatsions – so wierd!