National Blood Donation Month!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2009 at 12:54 am

This is National blood donation month. We got our local News stations to cover a story About the importance of blood donations to keep the costs of IVIG Down (LIQUID GOLD!!! LOL). I know that most of us would love to save money even though we are willing to pay what ever we have to to keep ourselves going. so I am trying to build a campaign to get the word out that there is a great need for everyone to go out and donate blood. The more donations means the more IVIG there is for us and thus the lower the cost to patients(US).

I AM urging everyone to contact their local tv staions and see if they would be willing to put a spot in their news cast like mine did. I am trying very hard to go global with this but not sure I am going about this the right way. so any suggestions would be welcome.

My Family and Friends have all went out and donated blood and will continue on a regular basis.

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Thats cool that your family is soo supportive like that!! At least here in Toledo there is a seperate site for collecting plasma that is used for ivig. They actually pay people to donate for that stuff here. The red cross here doesn’t collect for ivig, they only collect for hospitals, and such-blood products other than for ivig. My hubby is a double red donor and has been since we were just out of high school. I wish I could donate too but with my current health issues they wouldn’t let me. Keep up the Great work!:)

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2009 at 5:00 pm

I wished I could donate my blood but having Lupus does not allow me to do so. But I will spread the word in my area and tell my husband to let the guys he works with also to donate.
      I too think that blood donations right now are also being used to help our injured soldiers. And until our soldiers are out of harms way we will still see shortages of donations for a while. But I have seen many more people donating now than they have been in the past. But we really need many more!
      Your idea is great! And I hope we see a very huge turnout!
      Hugs
      Linda H