Nate’s new tests

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2007 at 9:22 pm

Nate’s new Neuro called yesterday and rescheduled his appointment for today at 2.
      I left Nate there to go run some errands while they did the nerve conduction.
      The tech did most of the testing until the last part,then the doctor came in and finished up.
      He says Nate has fairly good return in his arms but very strong evidence that the nerves and Myelin had been badly damaged in the past.
      He said he could tell that they had repaired themselves fairly well but not completely yet.
      He said as far as Nate’s legs, he could see very little return. He says it was barely noticeable.
      That means that the damage was severe enough to be taking a really long time and that they were very long nerves which take a long time to heal.
      Nate was not really disappointed and neither was I. I think we both pretty much expected to hear what we heard.
      After almost 17 mos and not too much going on with his leg muscles, its not a surprise.
      Nate said its good to know where he is at this point also.
      I agree.
      Now on to the pain management center next. His doc is really eager for Nate to get some better help with his pain.
      Trudy, Natesmom

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2007 at 8:01 am

trudy,

isn’t it great to be told the truth? can you tell me the name of this neuro so i can add him to the list. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2007 at 12:55 pm

Hi Gene,
      His name is Dr. Patrick Delaney, 6645 Alvarado Rd, San Diego.
      He is in building #2 at Alvarado Hospital, upstairs in Ste 229. Alvarado leases those floors to UCSD doctors to use as their offices and as rehab offices.
      They call it the Neuroscience Center and there are 4 Neurologists in that office.
      I really like this guy, so does nate. He was totally honest and he is very friendly, not stuffy. He is maybe 35 yrs old and very knowledgeable.
      He made us feel very comfortable and very confident in him.
      When we left, he shook nate’s hands and told him he was sorry he had to torture him. We all laughed cause we knew it was ok.
      Trudy, natesmom

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2007 at 1:37 pm

trudy, thx. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength