Myelin Growth Acceleration Drug?

• June 24, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Does anyone know about any myelin growth drugs being used on GBS patients? I just discovered a Myelin Foundation on the web and they are working on this for MS patients for a few years now. Any thoughts about Myelin restoration would be welcomed. Thank you.

• Anonymous
      July 2, 2010 at 1:25 pm

i just went to a neuro who is specializes in m.s. she is my oncologist’s wife, so i wouldnt have gone except that he set it up. i asked her about the myelin regeneration research and if it might look promising for gbs. she said there is a lot of research but she said: “honestly speaking, we have nothing yet”. I was pretty disappointed. I only asked because i read your posting a few days before i saw her and i was hoping for some good news or at least something to look forward to.

• July 3, 2010 at 11:46 am

I have confirmed the same – there is no such drug yet. WE could fund widespread research – but that kind of money goes to sports figures, not the sick or disabled.

• Anonymous
      July 3, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Saw that website, too, about the same time you did. I contacted them and asked why they did not have GBS/CIDP on their demyelinating disease list, they emailed me back with ‘we only deal in CNS demyelination not peripheral’, (but they had fibromyalgia on the ‘list’). They were so sorry for all of my despair, but they could not help me.