My Latest Photo Shoot

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 4:32 am

I’m only posting two of the series because some of you may be on a dial-up modem, and these can take a while to load at slow speed…..

Here is the link to the entire set:
      Lighthouse at Sunset - Santa Cruz - 462
      just copy and paste it into the address bar on your browser.

I went to Santa Cruz, CA this Saturday. The weather was great, and there were people enjoying themselves on the beach and the boardwalk.

First there was the lighthouse….at sundown

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/380371608_39f7d1f12c_o.jpg[/IMG]

And finally we bid a fond farewell to Santa Cruise……

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/141/380371197_4a66aef0e1_o.jpg[/IMG]

• February 5, 2007 at 12:27 pm

Ken,

I was born in Santa Cruz, grew up in Berkeley and worked in San Francisco for years. Your photos bring back a lot of memories.

The Santa Cruz boardwalk seemed old and rickety 50 years ago – surely that is not the same roller coaster that terrorized me as a child! What I remember best about the beach is how hot hot hot the sand was as I would run from my towel to the ice cream vendor.

Your pictures of San Franciso and especially of the Golden Gate Bridge are gorgeous. I remember walking home in the Berkeley hills and watching the fog come thorugh the Golden Gate smothering the bay.

Thanks for the links to your wonderful pictures!
      Flossie

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 1:09 pm

[QUOTE=Flossie]Ken,

I was born in Santa Cruz, grew up in Berkeley and worked in San Francisco for years. Your photos bring back a lot of memories.

The Santa Cruz boardwalk seemed old and rickety 50 years ago – surely that is not the same roller coaster that terrorized me as a child! What I remember best about the beach is how hot hot hot the sand was as I would run from my towel to the ice cream vendor.

Your pictures of San Franciso and especially of the Golden Gate Bridge are gorgeous. I remember walking home in the Berkeley hills and watching the fog come thorugh the Golden Gate smothering the bay.

Thanks for the links to your wonderful pictures!
      Flossie[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Flossie! I’m glad you enjoyed them! I never get tired of seeing these places.

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 1:27 pm

Those are beautiful shots! Ken. And it looks like you captured some of the locals at their carefree best.

I can testify to the doctors at the local hospital being familiar with at least two cases of GBS last year. 🙂

And yes Flossie, the Giant Dipper celebrated it’s 75th anniversary a few years ago. (There’s also a newer all metal track roller coaster that’s faster but not nearly as much fun.)

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 4:20 pm

[QUOTE=olav]Those are beautiful shots! Ken. And it looks like you captured some of the locals at their carefree best.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Olav!

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 5:16 pm

Great pictures Ken.

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 7:12 pm

[QUOTE=Brandy]Great pictures Ken.[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Brandy!

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 10:38 pm

Ken,
      Great pictures. You are very talented. Keep it up

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2007 at 12:03 am

[QUOTE=Jim C]Ken,
      Great pictures. You are very talented. Keep it up[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Jim!

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 11:57 am

Ken ~ your pictures are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. It’s also nice to see “another side” of one of our family members 🙂

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 12:51 pm

Ken, just curious, have you ever sent any of your photos to National Geographic? I watched a show the other night on the life of one of their photographers-it was neat-and you have already shot some very neat pics from Alaska. Just curious.:)

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 1:29 pm

[QUOTE=Judi Z]Ken ~ your pictures are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. It’s also nice to see “another side” of one of our family members :)[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Judi! I am so lucky to have this hobby and be able to do it!

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 1:46 pm

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]Ken, just curious, have you ever sent any of your photos to National Geographic? I watched a show the other night on the life of one of their photographers-it was neat-and you have already shot some very neat pics from Alaska. Just curious.:)[/QUOTE]
      I shy away from doing stuff like that…..one reason is that if my photos were “rejected” my ego would take a terrible blow :p , and if they were “accepted” it might mean I’d get drawn into having to produce, having to do things, timetables, etc….. I don’t need extra money (but can always find ways to use more…) I enjoy this as a hobby, and I’m afraid to make it “work”….

I took a series of manufacturing photos and built a website for a company, and accepted payment in the form of an all expense paid week in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico for me and my wife…. (The manufacturing process is one of the Photo Sets on my photo site.)
      This is the web site I built [url]http://www.selmorproducts.com[/url]

I did have a friend print one of my favorite shots (a contest winner) and I took it to a framing store. They asked me if I would sell some photos to their customers that were looking for photos like mine….. I said yes, but with some trepidation!

This is the photo I’m having framed….the print is quite large! It is Yosemite reflected in the Merced River…..

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/121/255424703_bb97fe014a_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 10:05 pm

one word— gorgeous!

Makes me want to move from the bland northern part of Indiana. But I suspect you could find beautiful pictures here that I overlook everyday. I guess I need to stop and watch a little more carefully!

Dennis

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 11:09 pm

[QUOTE=peteacher1]one word— gorgeous!

Makes me want to move from the bland northern part of Indiana. But I suspect you could find beautiful pictures here that I overlook everyday. I guess I need to stop and watch a little more carefully!

Dennis[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Dennis! Glad you liked it…..

My shooting buddy is Randy Forshey, a professional landscape photographer that also lives in the San Francisco Bay area. When we talk about another shoot we’re always “stumped”…..can’t seem to think of a good place to take some shots…..:o then we laugh and say, “Yeah right, here we are in northern California and [U]WE’RE[/U] grousing about somewhere to shoot!!

I see photos by a lot of folks (mostly at NikonCafe.com), from all over the world, and they all seem to find some nice photo opportunities! Those of us who have this camera-sickness will start shooting anything we see in the house when our shutter-finger gets itchy…..