My home town makes national news

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2007 at 8:13 am

As some of you have read or will read, our city has been devistated by a mass killing of 9 at one of our malls. A place I go quite a bit.
      My family is all accounted for…and friends… they have not yet released the names of the victims.
      I know the prayer chain here is strong and ask once again for your prayers for the people of my city to deal with this horrific event.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2007 at 11:39 am

Stacey, Its soo nice to hear from You! Your Whole Town is in My Prayers!

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2007 at 12:19 pm

So glad you and your family are safe. Prayers are being said for your city and the teenagers family.
      What a horrific thing to have happened.
      May God give all of you strenght, comfort, and a sense of peace.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2007 at 12:37 pm

I heard from a friend in Canada that seen this news on the TV up there and she also said that the world is praying for your city. Many circles of friends and family have been disrupted from this event. We all have heavy hearts from hearing about this event!

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2007 at 3:10 pm

Hello Stacey,
      Our prayers are with those who lost a family member or a friend. What a tragic time of year for this to happen. You will have a town in mourning and gifts left unopened.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2007 at 10:14 pm

Stacey,
      One of the people I work with live there. I’m grateful that his family wasn’t affected, but also I know that everyone there was.

You are all in my thoughts.
      Caryn

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2007 at 12:44 am

I just can’t understand why these horrible things have to keep happening in our country. I grew up in the 50s & 60s & don’t remember these kinds of incidents going on, not that I watched the news as much as I do now. I feel so terrible for any of the victims involved & their families, it is so hard to watch, especially at this time of year. I heard tonight about his background, maybe if our country could try to go back to encouraging the strong family unit that our country was originally founded on? Maybe people need to pass a test to become a parent? I just don’t know the answers anymore.

Anyways, my prayers & that of the entire country will be with Omaha tonight…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2007 at 2:33 pm

Stacey,
      I thought of you immediately when I saw the news. I am so glad you and your family and friends are o.k. I am so sorry this is happening, esp. now. I am thinking of you and your mom daily.
      Linda