my 3 year GBS anniversary-an update

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Hi all. Some may remember me, some may not. I was dxed with GBS the first week of february 2006. I had to leave nursing school, which I did return to in august 2008. I am happy to say I am doing well and pulling A’s Yay-however i am in one of the classes I left went I got sick and it is like deja-vu big time. I am starting my clinical rotations in may, and I had to get a waiver from the neuro to get out of the yearly flu shot. I am so glad to come back here and see familiar names helping each other out. I am planning on working in the neuroscience med/surg unit or ICU, where I will help people with GBS, MS, strokes. I am happy to say my fatigue fog has been gone for awhile, and my only residual is occasional nerve pain on the side of my left knee. I wish you all the best.

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Way To Go Cara!!!!!!:D That is Awesome!!! Keep Up the Great Job!!! Keep us updated. Take Care!!

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2009 at 5:28 pm

God had blessed you. I am so happy to hear you are doing well. This is a comfort for those of us still trying to see what is in the future for us.

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2009 at 7:07 am

Way to Go Cara!,

Nice to hear things are going good and that you are pursuing your degree and have also taken direction to help US! We are all behind you.
      Where are you doing your clinicals? Lehigh Valley or St Lukes?

See Ya Cara,

Your neighbor from Coplay, –tim–

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2009 at 9:19 am

I have to do clinicals at both, as well as pocono med ctr, and kidspeace I believe. St Lukes and LVH are both excellent establishments. When I had GBS I was at st lukes bethlehem. Thanks for all the well wishes. You are right, I was blessed, and I believe nursing is my purpose in life along with being a mother.