muscle damage/weakness

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 12:52 am

Any one had an Enzyme panel done? To measure GAA or CPK? What did the test show? Why isn’t this bloodwork done early on?

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 6:37 am

[QUOTE=J.Dennison]Any one had an Enzyme panel done? To measure GAA or CPK? What did the test show? Why isn’t this bloodwork done early on?[/QUOTE]
      hi

I did see an immunologist who found a low enzyme which predisposes me to infections but dont know what its called.

The fact is that Drs do it all piecemeal in dribs and drabs.

They dont hunt like detectives. Its possible to say what ice-age bodies died of but that’s interesting for them. The live patient seems just to be a revenue source.

There should be diagnostic protocols carried out systematically. They will say this is what they do but they dont.

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 10:45 pm

[QUOTE=ukguytemp]hi

I did see an immunologist who found a low enzyme which predisposes me to infections but dont know what its called.

The fact is that Drs do it all piecemeal in dribs and drabs.

They dont hunt like detectives. Its possible to say what ice-age bodies died of but that’s interesting for them. The live patient seems just to be a revenue source.

There should be diagnostic protocols carried out systematically. They will say this is what they do but they dont.[/QUOTE]

So true….thanks for sharing. I was stuck 12 times in the last week, when they could have run all of those tests in one day instead…..I hear you!

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2010 at 3:40 am

They do have a plan, I think.

One Doc described his understanding to me like this: If it walks like a duck you look for ducks not gazelles.

So, each round of testing clears out those ducks that are in front of them. I guess at the beginning they can narrow it down and eliminate several things. Then they start digging deeper. each time they dig deeper they eliminate more and more things. Sometimes when they eliminate something, one other thing can be eliminated with a really simple test that you would have thought should have been done months ago, but didn’t apply then.

And the testing goes on and on. I really think that they can knock these things out by either visual exams, or other diagnostic tests, but in our lawyer driven medical system, all tests must be preformed arms must be stuck, and fees must be charged. And of course, due to privacy issues, none of these test results can be releases to any other Dr, so they must all be performed over and over again everywhere you go.

Ain’t life grand?

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2010 at 10:21 am

[QUOTE=Dick S]They do have a plan, I think.

So, each round of testing clears out those ducks that are in front of them. I guess at the beginning they can narrow it down and eliminate several things. Then they start digging deeper. each time they dig deeper they eliminate more and more things. Sometimes when they eliminate something, one other thing can be eliminated with a really simple test that you would have thought should have been done months ago, but didn’t apply then.

[COLOR=”Blue”]Precisely, Dick. There is a reason. Process of elimination is the way it goes.[/COLOR]

And the testing goes on and on. I really think that they can knock these things out by either visual exams, or other diagnostic tests, but in our lawyer driven medical system, all tests must be preformed arms must be stuck, and fees must be charged. And of course, due to privacy issues, none of these test results can be releases to any other Dr, so they must all be performed over and over again everywhere you go.

[COLOR=”Blue”]Oh boy, as one involved in medical practices for 30+ years, the leering lawyer salivating at a chance to file medical malpractice lawsuits has been SO overblown, SO overworked … the AMA loves what’s been accompllished on its behalf. Just remember, 100,000 people in the US die because of medical mistakes each and every year.

As for releasing information … of course it can be released. You sign a form saying where you want copies sent or you sign a form and take the copies yourself. It’s a good idea to request copies of reports of all kinds for yourself, to be kept and filed away in your own files.

Patient records are available, by law, to patients just for the asking. This does [U][B]not[/B][/U] include the doctor’s personal notes … for reasons one might suspect … if they say they suspect hypochondria or STDs or bipolar, etcetcetc, it is as a jog to their memory for future reference and is, and should be, the doctor’s private notes.[/COLOR]

Ain’t life grand?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=”Blue”]Actually, it is … pins, needles, zings, woozies and all. [/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2010 at 10:27 am

Emily has had 2 CPK tests done. Both were negative.

I don’t think she was tested for GAA. As far as I know Pompe disease was never on the table as a possible diagnosis. It may have been done in the hospital & I was never told what specific tests they were running – just that they needed to take her blood.

Kelly