Mono Lake

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 1:16 pm

I shot at Mono Lake at sundown and sunrise……
      Getting up in the middle of the night is NOT my cup o’ tea….
      Neither is sloggging through thick sucking mud, fighting off swarms of mosquitos, or the stench!
      Nevertheless, I got a few shots…..

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/2762504401_f3729a9732_o.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/2762485181_479f586cfe_o.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/2763279014_f4fc1f8b5b_o.jpg[/img]

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Ken, I am speechless! You just keep wowing me!! And all of us for that matter….what a talented man you are!

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 8:20 pm

[QUOTE=jan’83]Ken, I am speechless! You just keep wowing me!! And all of us for that matter….what a talented man you are![/QUOTE]
      Thank you Jan!

I don’t know about the “talent”…. But I do have great equipment, and being in the right spot at the right time is a major part.

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 9:27 pm

These are beautiful Ken! You got me laughing though about the night darkness and the bugs! I would have been looking down though instead of up! ๐Ÿ˜€ If I would have seen a snake or alligator! Well! I have trouble walking and no telling what my running would have looked like! ROFL! And it sure would not have been stained mud in my britches either!
      Please excuse me tonight! That new doofy pill they gave me is making me silly! Hugs I wished I had your beautiful talent! Awesome details! So talented.It takes a brave person to get into the swamp to take pictures this beautiful!
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 10:24 pm

[QUOTE=LindaH]These are beautiful Ken! You got me laughing though about the night darkness and the bugs! I would have been looking down though instead of up! ๐Ÿ˜€ If I would have seen a snake or alligator! Well! I have trouble walking and no telling what my running would have looked like! ROFL! And it sure would not have been stained mud in my britches either!
      Please excuse me tonight! That new doofy pill they gave me is making me silly! Hugs I wished I had your beautiful talent! Awesome details! So talented.It takes a brave person to get into the swamp to take pictures this beautiful!
      Linda H[/QUOTE]

Thank you Linda!

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 11:02 pm

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]I think we’re going to have to put a new thread on here & we’re going to call it Ken’s Gallery ! How bout that one Ken ๐Ÿ˜‰ [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 12:33 am

Super shots Ken. Good idea Terry.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 12:38 am

I vote for Ken’s Gallery

great shots. Where is Mono Lake?
      Emma

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 12:56 am

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I did a search on Mono Lake & it said it was in California. Oh yes I think Ken definitely needs a thread we could call it Ken Luria’s Collection ![/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 12:59 am

thanks Terry. I vote for that thread.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 1:02 am

Thank you Terry, Emma, Mauricette!

I think our “Photo to Share” thread does quite nicely……and I also post separate threads too, as with this one…but I appreciate the sentiment!

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 2:16 am

Ken, Those are Absolutely Breath Taking!!! Do they call it Mono lake because only One person would tramp through the muck to get Gorgeous shots like that??!!:D

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 3:07 pm

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]Ken, Those are Absolutely Breath Taking!!! Do they call it Mono lake because only One person would tramp through the muck to get Gorgeous shots like that??!!:D[/QUOTE]

Thank you Cheryl!

Thats probably it!

Here’s what the lake looks like from about 30,000 feet – I took this just before I went there, on a flight home:

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3234/2765400765_0dd02629bc_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 3:19 pm

I think it is simply beautiful to see lakes, mountains, cities from above. The beauty of a simple lake…thanks for that picture Ken. That truly is your talent to capture the beauty of simple things!!
      Emma