Mom is improving!!!!

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 12:35 am

I get chills and tears in my eyes everytime I think of the conversation I had with my brother the other day. My mom is now eating solid food (well, applesauce, etc) and able to drink water (a heaven sent for her!) and she can talk!!!!! She still has the trach and they are doing a great job of slowly weaning her. She breathed on her own for 24 hours last week!!!
      I am so excited!! I’m going to see her in 9 days and I can’t wait. She’s just doing so much better than I thought she would be at this point. It’s been 11 weeks in the hospital for her and 10 weeks since diagnosis, so I know it’s still pretty early in her recovery.
      Thought I’d finally share some good news.
      I’d love to post a picture of the most amazing woman/mother in the world, but I’m technologically challenged.

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 12:57 am

Hello Jen

That is wonderful news…you must be so excited to see her. All of the great
      prayers were received and now she is on her way to recovery.

Good luck to you and your family…

Miami Girl

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 8:13 am

That is such good news! I will pray her recovery continues. I hope you have a great visit. We wouild love to see a picture!

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 8:19 am

Wonderful news Jen! Keep posting, and let us know how she is doing! I’m keeping you in my prayers!

• August 11, 2007 at 1:56 pm

What great news Jenn! I am excited for you to see your mom in 9 days and counting. You are a great daughter to keep commuting!
      Best wishes,
      Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 2:57 pm

Best wishes to your mother, Jenn! I’m glad she’s improving!!!

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 2:59 pm

Awesome news Jen! Now when you see results it will make you smile. This is actually very exhausting time for the patient and it is very easy to over do it and not realize. She will be able to learn to listen to her body and pace herself. Being able to talk will make times less frustrating now…that will give more energy back to heal the body, unless she is like me and turned into a person that never shut up. When there was no one to talk to I sang or hummmmmed. Could have been that it was around the holidays too! But I now see how a toddler feels. Learning to talk, drink out of a sippy cup and stand and walk! All things we take for granted and brag about as we gain all these things back….one by one! Enjoy your visit! Give her a hug from all of us! 🙂