MNGIE neuropathy

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Hey

as I mentioned in my other post, I a interested in fidning out more about MNGIE neuropathy. I know that someone here once posted a link to a full text article named “5 cases of MNGIE mimicking CIDP” I can find the post with the link to the abstract but not for the full text article. Does anyone have the fulltext article and could send me it?

Also, does anyone have deeper knowledge about MNGIE neuropathy? has anyone of you been investigated in this direction?
      How can you differentiate MNGIE from CIDP? as far as I understood from the abstract of the article differentiation can be pretty difficult in the early stages…

thanks

• February 23, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I feel bad that no one has responded! But I don’t remember anyone ever talking about that specific variant. I hope someone will come along to help! I read your other post, it was very long and involved, I am going to try to go back to it later and see if there is anything that I can offer with our mistakes and experiences if it is something that you asked about.

• Anonymous
      February 29, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I hope you are o.k.. I am looking for a list of diseases that look like CIDP that I have come across. I will let you know as soon as I find it. I looked into mngie but it doesn’t sound like CIDP. CIDP can be triggered by many things but no one knows for sure what or why. Do you have a medical center like Mayo Clinic which is in the States? This is best place where a team of doctors consult with eachother to diagnose complex problems. For example you may need a neurologist to speak with an immunologist and a gastrologist to figure out what is happening. See if you can find a place that will make a case study. I will let you know about the list as soon as I find it.
      Susan

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2012 at 3:39 am

Hi,
      Instead of the list I think these resources are better to provide you all the info for questions you may have.
      National Institute of Health ORDR (Office of Rare Disease Research) Links to NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorder) and also links to GARD (Genetic and Rare Disorder) Within these sites you can email questions and get answers as well as abstracts and complete texts. I hope this helps.
      Susan

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Susan

thanks so much…