Meet "Junior"!

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2007 at 10:58 pm

We call him “Junior”. That was because he looked so much like his father, who turned out to be his mother, then he grew hairy and big, and mamma was small and short-haired.

But his name stuck…..Junior. Then his son showed up – THE SPITTING IMAGE of Junior, but maybe 2/3 Scale!

So, here’s Junior, as I followed him around through my door with with the 70-300VR….

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/388728261_792368ee25_o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/388728307_49a245681b_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 10:51 am

I just love your cats, Ken – keep them coming – pretty please!?

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 2:20 pm

[QUOTE=Allaug]I just love your cats, Ken – keep them coming – pretty please!?[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Allaug!

We love cats….and I’ve got plenty of photos to share!

Here’s “Little-Bit” playing outside…….

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/40/86731310_46f9ff429f_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 4:48 pm

Ken-L

Do keep posting those photos of your beautiful cats. I am looking forward to seeing more!

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 5:23 pm

[QUOTE=Suzanne]Ken-L

Do keep posting those photos of your beautiful cats. I am looking forward to seeing more!

Suzanne[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Suzanne! I have to “pace” myself……. I’ve got so many photos….don’t want to be a “forum-hog”!

You can see all my photos online by copying/pasting this link into your browser’s address bar (without the [url [I]brackets[/I]]:

[url]http://flickr.com/photos/ken-l/sets[/url]

Hope you have a high-speed connection…..:)

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 6:45 pm

Boy Ken, you sure do make me wish that I had a kitty. Blue eyes was such a beautiful cat, would take him yesterday, but you said he was feral and I know enough about animals to know that it may be too late to tame him. Too much damage done to him.

My true love’s were my dogs, CODY and STANLEY.

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 9:04 pm

[QUOTE=codystanley]Boy Ken, you sure do make me wish that I had a kitty. Blue eyes was such a beautiful cat, would take him yesterday, but you said he was feral and I know enough about animals to know that it may be too late to tame him. Too much damage done to him.

My true love’s were my dogs, CODY and STANLEY.[/QUOTE]
      After we put our last two “to sleep”, we decided that we would not have any more pets……

Sometimes ferals can be “tamed”….. It’s easy to house-break them – just show them the kitty-litter once or twice. BUT, taming them can be iffy.

By the time a feral kitten is old enough to be weaned it’s usually too late.

Some older ferals can be tamed with time……and patience. But, they may be a bit too rough in play and hard on the home….

One male feral we saved was gentle and affectionate…..and as soon as he had his strength and weight back he clawed his way through a screen door to get out…… and was killed by a car a few days later.

Another was a very tough but affectionate female. She was on my lap and I was petting her. She rolled onto her back and as I started to pet her stomach there was a blur of movement and as she left my lap my hand was also left bleeding from several deep scratches….nothing personal, just a normal reaction from a feral!

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 11:47 pm

Hi again Ken,
      I do know sometimes ferals can be tamed, but you’ve got to be the right kind of person and deal with them on their terms. My sister was the right kind of person. She took in a feral cat that was born in the state park that adjoined her property. The cat took refuge in her horse stable and she let him get used to her slowly. She named the cat CryBaby, I think that was because he had the cry of a feral cat. My sister had a different way with animals then I do. I like my way better, hug them, kiss them and spoil them.

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 8:29 am

Hi Ken!

I went to your flickr-site last night, but I had to close my eyes and hit the back button – otherwise there would have been no sleep for me last night at all. Bookmarked it though, so I’m going back real soon and first and foremost joyfully leaf through your nearly 80 cat-pictures.
      Perhaps there will be more photos of Little-Bit, is she (he?) a Bengali, or are the spots only a coincidence?

Did you really mean to say that you don’t have a single cat anymore? What a pity! You must miss being owned by a cat something dreadfully!

Could you please quote your flickr adress once more, because I would point out to all my fellow forumers that it’s well worth a visit – most pictures are NOT of cats, so this site is for everybody who enjoys wonderful photography.

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 3:10 pm

[QUOTE=Allaug]Hi Ken!

…..Perhaps there will be more photos of Little-Bit, is she (he?) a Bengali, or are the spots only a coincidence?

Did you really mean to say that you don’t have a single cat anymore? What a pity! You must miss being owned by a cat something dreadfully!

Could you please quote your flickr adress once more, because I would point out to all my fellow forumers that it’s well worth a visit – most pictures are NOT of cats, so this site is for everybody who enjoys wonderful photography.[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Allaug!!

This is the photo site: [url]http://flickr.com/photos/ken-l/sets[/url]

While I was in the hospital for “a while” my wife Anne found “Little-Bit” nearly dead on our door mat. She was about 4 weeks old. Anne and our pet-sitter nursed her back to health…. When I finally came home the kitten saw me come through the door and came running to me, and I exclaimed, “Oh she’s just a little bit”, and the name stuck! She was a very small cat. She seemed to have a lot of Abyssinian in her.

Little-Bit was an extraordinary cat. Her eyes were an incredible color…… She was a [U][B]loud[/B][/U] purrer and when she was happy (nearly 24 hours a day) she would salivate and stick her tongue out…
      Unfortunately, she had cystitis of the bladder, and although we tried different meds, she continued to get worse and was suffering, so at age 2 we put her to sleep.

It is sooooo hard not having a cat around! I’d had cats since 1979.

Here are two of Little-Bit:

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/120192328_eefa8d7ea2_o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/55/120909032_9705684012_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 5:05 pm

Oh, Ken, what beautiful Little-Bit she was. Those eyes say it all – as you saw in my pic of Tigger, he has those golden eyes too. My Tigger is quiet a purrer too and drools from his nose – same difference I guess.

These Earth Angels are so priceless!

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 5:29 pm

[QUOTE=Chrissy]Oh, Ken, what beautiful Little-Bit she was. Those eyes say it all – as you saw in my pic of Tigger, he has those golden eyes too. My Tigger is quiet a purrer too and drools from his nose – same difference I guess.

These Earth Angels are so priceless![/QUOTE]
      Thanks Chrissy!

Yes, Tigger got me thinking about Little-Bit!!