Major Computer Problems May Force Me To Disappear

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Hi Family,
      I will be moving to Florida on July 17th and I’m taking a boxed new computer with me, but there is something wrong with the older computer I’m currently using and it may crash very soon. I was hoping I could keep it running until the second week in July. I have the telephone company triple play, TV/internet/phone. I think the phone company calls that thing with six lights on it a router, that’s my problem 🙁 Two to four lights will go out and I can’t access the internet, plus my phone goes dead. So far, if I shut everything down on the computer, wait about a minute, it will be working again when I turn it on. My six lights are green again. This happens almost every day. I feel like I have to keep checking vital signs and give it CPR! The telephone company wants me to call them when the computer is down, but my phone is dead too, I can’t hold a cell phone so don’t have one and I live alone. If I can make it through three more weeks, I’d be canceling phone service anyhow for my move.

So, if I all of a sudden disappear, my computer crashed and I will wait until I set up my new one in Florida. When I move, I’ll be off the forum until I find someone to set up new DELL with Windows XP.

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2008 at 3:13 pm

[B]Liz good luck with your move to Florida. Hope to see your new computer up and running as soon as you move to Fl. 🙂 [/B]

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Sounds like you have a bad modem (router). We have the triple play thing too & we’ve had SO many problems with it.

You can unplug the modem (router), from the back, for about 1 minute. Then plug it back in. You can also call your cable company & ask them to send a new signal to your modem (router) while you are doing this.

If that doesn’t work schedule for one of their repair men to come out & take a look at it. It might be a problem with the wiring or you might need a whole new modem (router).

Good luck!
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2008 at 6:51 pm

Liz, if your router/modem goes down and your phone is dead at the same time, that would indicate to me that the problem is in your phone line. This could be either in your house or in the line coming in. Maybe you could explain that to your phone company.

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2008 at 8:49 pm

I also have the triple play as well, so if my internet goes down, so does my phone. It is in the router, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. My company told me that when this happens, to put a toothpick into some hole in the router. I know this would be too hard for you to do; besides, mine rarely goes down. Concentrate on your move, & if it does go down, looking forward to hearing from you down in sunny Florida!
      Pam