Looking for a 3 year surviver of GBS

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2006 at 7:20 pm

.My husband is a three year GBS patient. He has a lot of Chest pain and it never goes away . can anyone relate to this. jan sellars. he is constantly hurting in his chest walls. He can walk now but he had to have 2 surgeries on both his hands as they were curled and looked like lobster claws. He had it done at Emory in Atlanta. He has limited use of his hands but they are better. He tires and complaines mostly of chest pain. Does Neurontin help.

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2006 at 7:38 pm

Hi Jan

He’s been checked out by a doc for other reasons for the chest pain, I hope?

Teresa

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2006 at 7:44 pm

[QUOTE=Teresa Anne]Hi Jan

He’s been checked out by a doc for other reasons for the chest pain, I hope?

Teresa[/QUOTE]
      He went to a heart Dr. they say it is residual effect from GBS

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2006 at 7:48 pm

He has been to the doctor and it is not his heart. It is residual effects of GBS

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2006 at 8:05 pm

jan,

neurontin for neurolgical pain. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 7:24 pm

I’d like to go a step further than to just say that it is a residual from GBS, which I believe it is. I think I have the same chest pain, but not nearly as often as I did the first two years. I now believe that it is muscle pain, that is the only way I can describe it. I have had two EKGs for it, both coming back normal. Whe I get it bad enough, I take a half of vicidin.

My other theory, at least in my case, is that it is caused by my anxiety disorder, which I have had for years. When it feels more like chest pain from anxiety, then I take an extra klonipin. In either case, I don’t worry anymore about it being anything related to my heart. It is scary, but if I take the right medication, I can get it to go away…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2006 at 7:47 am

[QUOTE=jan Sellars].My husband is a three year GBS patient. He has a lot of Chest pain and it never goes away . can anyone relate to this. jan sellars. he is constantly hurting in his chest walls. He can walk now but he had to have 2 surgeries on both his hands as they were curled and looked like lobster claws. He had it done at Emory in Atlanta. He has limited use of his hands but they are better. He tires and complaines mostly of chest pain. Does Neurontin help.[/QUOTE]
      Hi Jan:
      I got GBS last april and am in the 7th month of recovery. I still have some trouble walking and have fatigue all the time. I am sorry to hear about the hands. I can type but my hands are still very weak and I have trouble holding things like glasses etc. I have never had chest pain, but my legs are hurting most of the time. I do pool therapy 2 times a week to get the kinks out. I am in Ellijay and wondered where Berlin Ga. was located. Osborn