Long Time Coming Good News

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 7:24 am

[COLOR=”Blue”]NEVER GIVE UP![/COLOR] Never let anyone tell you that you won’t get better after a certain point. After 2 years and 2 months, my 72 year old mother raised herself up from a semi-sitting position in her standing frame and stood unassisted for 2 minutes. Then she repeated it 3-5 times yesterday.

For those of you out there who have severe cases, never ever give up. Before yesterday we were cautious with our expectations. But she’s always believed she will walk again. And after yesterday, I’m joining her expectation. Two weeks, two months, two years, two decades. Always be expecting improvement. It comes. It just (as we all know!) comes very slowly.

Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!
      Katy Fielder

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 8:33 am

Thanks Katy for sharing that heart warming gift of hope. It is exciting and gives us all a vision of the potential for progress. Give a special thanks to your grandmother for her courage to keep the hope and effort in her life. I am six years into the GBS experience and still making progress.
      May you both have a very Merry Christmas.

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 11:11 am

katy,

so glad to hear the good news. what is it with this 26 month marker anyway? marc & i both started making better recovery at month 26. i know it is just a fluke, but come on… 🙂

take care. be well.
      gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 12:12 pm

Great news folks!!! – keep up the good work. Merry Christmas! 🙂

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 9:02 pm

Katy,

What wonderful news! Congradulations to your mother for being such an optimist – it is obviously paying off.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 9:27 pm

:p How wonderful for your Mom..
      WE also have some great news.. After 2 years and 8 months, DOO ( may, 9, 2004) my family gathered at my MOms house for a celebration.. We also got a surprise.. My mother walked 40 steps with the aid of her walker.. It was so incredible to see.. She had all her grandchildren watching her and cheering her on.. It was a moment I was afraid would not come..
      Like you Katy, we are also celebrating..
      My best to yer mom.. This is an amazing milestone..

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 9:31 pm

Amy and Katy that is such good news, I am so happy for you all.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 9:01 am

Thanks to you all for your great words of support and encouragement. I’ll pass them along to Mom. She, and we, are flying high this week! Merry Christmas!

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 1:12 pm

Congratulations, that is awsome news!

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 3:52 pm

Congrats to both your mothers! That’s awesome!

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2006 at 12:16 am

Congratulations Ladies…..Keep up the good work

sherry