local attorney….

• October 29, 2007 at 5:27 pm

Hey there
      I read an article in our paper yesterday about an attorney who represents parents that refuse to get immunizations for their kids. Most states only let ya out of it for religious reasons. Idaho is one that lets you out for whatever reason. Anyhow, this guy said he refuses to allow his kids to get shots because they can lead to problems like autism and GBS! It even mentioned that the new HPV shot for girls can cause it. I was all ready to fight it if anyone insisted my daughter get it based on personal reasons alone, but if it has been linked to GBS as well I have even more ammo. Since we live in Idaho apparently I was all fired up for no reason. Which means I can deny the next round of shots for hepetitis. Thought it was interesting that GBS got a tiny itty bitty blurb about it being linked to immunizations. Would like to see a much larger article about that…hmmm maybe I can contact the paper and request it?
      I did that in a round about way to a paper where we used to live because the writer focuses on the dirty beaches there. And since i got sick after a day at the beach (one of the dirtiest and I didnt know about it) I called the guy and told him my story and about another man who I also knew got sick with GBS at the same time I did after being at the same beach. Not sure if the guy followed up on it or not but he seemed interested. He said he would contact local doctors and people at the dept of health about it but I never heard back from him darn it.

• Anonymous
      October 30, 2007 at 8:48 am

fom,

thx for the info. sounds like there was a gbs triggering agent on the beach. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength