Life is like a box of chocolates

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my relatively minor knee surgery which started me on the roller coaster ride of my life. I was feeling well enough to return to work full time in August but symptoms started returning with a full work schedule. A full work schedule for my job is 10 hours per day 6 to 7 days per week . I was not able to maintain that pace and today, my doctor completed short term disability paperwork which will allow me 6 months of no work so that I can take care of myself and hopefully aid in a better and more complete recovery. My work place has been very good to me and continues to be good, they just do not want to deal with accommodating shorter working hours and a 5 day week.
      So this month’s baby step is to start worrying about me getting better and not what I need to do to get back to work. I am lucky that I have good benefits and support of my family and my employer.
      Happy Holidays to my GBS family. I wish you all a good healing and it is my hope that we all have the best and most complete recovery possible.

• December 9, 2010 at 12:21 pm

right on Harry, keep it going….howsa weather in wisconsin? we’re sitting at -20 C, or 0 F for Americans…….keeping busy at indoor activities, distractions remain the best medicine

I’m so glad you got the time off….70 hr work weeks + GBS =:mad: 🙁

stay warm dude and comfort to all today

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Thanks for the well wishes Harry and I hope the same for you. I hope and pray that the time off will be beneficial to your complete recovery. Merry Christmas.