Just me, with another question

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Do any of you who get IVIg feel different after doses? Like one dose might be more beneficial that another? The one before this last one seemed more successful than this last one did. Or is it just a change in me? I’m too new to IVIg to have a running history to tell. Thanks, Wendy 🙂

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2011 at 10:16 pm

When Emily first started getting IVIG I remember noticing big changes in her. She would have much more energy. The treatments now don’t really do that too much for her. My theory is that she really needed those treatments before & now she’s just maintaining.

You might want to start keeping a journal & in a few months you can look back to see all of your changes.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Let me clarify a bit more…After this last dose of IVIg I feel worse than I did with the last one, not just maintaining but taking a step back. Does that happen too? Thanks, Wendy :confused:

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Wendy,

Yes sometimes you might feel worse after IVIG but give it a few days it will get better.

I take Tylenol and Benadryl to help avoid any side effects, I have noticed if I continue taking it for 2 days after IVIG I feel much better.

Might be worth a try.

Rhonda

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2011 at 9:24 am

Actually, I usually feel a little more pain and numbness after an infusion. I don’t know if it stirs things up or what, but it goes away after a day or two.

• April 23, 2011 at 7:25 pm

wendy—not sure if what you might have meant by your question was—do some of the ivig infusions have more or less effect than others.—I find that happening to me and asked my neurologist about it. One infusion i feel may have really improved things–then another i might not notice as much improvement?? I was told that possibly, since every batch is from different donors etc..one could be more or less effective—- but also with this disease, having good days and bad days it could be partly that. Lori