Just an update/needing a hug

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 9:43 am

Hello to all, sorry I havn’t been on more things here have been quite hecktic.Monica had been doing fairly well since she stopped all meds and infusions due to her being pregnant. She went for her ultra sound on 4-19 and we had found out she was 27 weeks along and having another girl (Ava Annette). We thought that Monica was quite small (her belly) but was told she was doing fine and baby too. We were waiting for her Ob appt on 5-1. Well on 4-30 she went into labor and her water broke we rushed to the hospital. After doing another ultra sound we got the horrible news—–the baby had died. She had to deliver anyways and they said the cord was wraped around the neck and body. Then Monica had to go for surgery for a d@c due to the placenta breaking apart. 3 hours went by and finally her dr came out to tell us they were having a hard time getting Monica to breath and come to. Oxyogen was put on and probably 20 min later she came to. She stayed at the hospital over night to give her 8 bags of antibiotics and to make sure she was alright. Yesterday we had a small service for the family and Monica did better than I thought she would. She is a strong girl for all she has been through. Now she needs to rest and absorb it all so she can get back on track with her cidp and dr visits. I pray that God helps us all get through this and that Monica stays strong mentally. Sometimes I wonder how much more a person and take.. Yet I do know that God does what he does for a reason whether we see it or not. And I am just so glad Monica is still here. I didn’t mean to go on and on or for this to be so sad but I felt I needed to let “my family” know what was going on. I once again am very grateful that you are all here and listen when I need to vent. Thanks !

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 10:34 am

Oh Dawn ~ I am so sorry! The loss of a child is so difficult for parents and grandparents. What a lovely name Monica had given her little girl. I will remember your family in my prayers as you grieve this loss. And also, I will remember Monica in her continuing treatments. Many hugs, Judi

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 11:31 am

Hi Dawn,

I am so sorry for the loss of your grandchild. I pray that God gives you all the strength to get through this sorrowful time. I will keep baby Ava in my prayers as well as the rest of the family. Bless all of you.

Big Hugs coming your way.

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 11:31 am

I am so sorry for Monica. It really is hard, when you loose a child. My son and his wife lost a baby at 4 months and it really was hard on all of us. I will put your family in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 11:52 am

Dawn, my thoughts and prayers are going out for you and your family.
      Take care,
      JayDee

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 12:35 pm

Dawn, I’m sorry for Monica’s and your whole family’s loss. You are All in My Thoughts and Prayers. Big Hugs to You and Monica.

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 1:25 pm

Dawn,

Cyber hugs to you. It is good that Monica is doing okay. Remember, one day at a time. You all will be in my prayers and thoughts.

• May 4, 2007 at 2:36 pm

Hi Dawn, I am so sorry about baby Ava and all that your family is going through. I too had to deliver a baby at 35 weeks, his name was Andrew. We planted a tree that flowers every year and it is called the “baby Andrew” tree. Every year it grows and gets more beautiful. I know how sad you and Monica feel! Three months after baby Andrew passed we were blessed with Kevin. Now my sweet baby Kevin is suffering too! I hope that one day I can be as strong as you and except that God has a reason! You are a wonderful grandmother and mother to be taking such good care of your family. They are lucky to have a strong loving mother/grandmother. I will pray as I always do for all of us and I will keep looking to God for that reason. Tell Monica that I am sorry and that there is love in this “family” ! Dawn Kevie’s mom

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 7:01 pm

Hi Dawn – I am so sorry for your family’s loss. As a mother of 2 and grandmother of 5, I know how important each little person is to our lives. Your family will be in my prayers, as well.

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 8:20 pm

Oh Dawn! I am so very very sorry for your loss. I pray you will all find strength and comfort in the weeks ahead. God Bless

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 9:07 pm

When my dad was in the hospital with GBS I was pacing the floor one night very angry. I picked up the bible and said ok speek to me i need some encouragement. I flipped it open and read the first thing at the top of the page. It said “God does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men.” I looked at the top of the page and it was Lamentaions 3:33. That number has special meaning to me because I went to church one Sunday wanting again to hear something. The sermon was what I needed to hear and the song folliwing was number 333. I said to myself well with that number ( the trinity) this song ought to be good. It was seek ye first. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his rightousness… ask and it will be given unto you …knock and the door will open etc… So seeing that number and reading the verse gave me some peace. I keep it on my bullitin board. It makes me feel good when bad things happen.
      Am so sorry about the baby.

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2007 at 12:30 am

Dawn,
      You & Monica will definitely be in my prayers tonight. I do not believe that God does bad things to people, nature does. But bad things do happen & he grieves along with us, & hopefully gives us the the courage to go on. My deepest sympathy in your time of loss, I am so very sorry…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2007 at 6:53 am

I read you posts about your daughter being pregnant and obviously you were very concerned about how she would cope. And after coming to terms with that, to have it all turned upside down again.
      My thoughts are with you and your daughter and all your family. Wishing you all the strength you need to get through this difficult time.

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 7:44 am

I want to thank each and everyone of you for the very kind and touching words. We will with God’s strength make it through this and anything else that is put on our plate.(even if it seems as if we can’t). Monica is off to see her family dr this morning so we’ll see what steps come next. Thanks again and know I love this family as much as the one I have here at home. God bless you all.:D

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2007 at 3:29 pm

Dear Dawn,
      Please tell Monica she is in my prayers. I lost a child to SIDS at three months old. He was a great baby. I just wanted to let you know that I believe I was in shock the first few weeks and tried to be normal, but it caught up with me terribly. I went into a terrible depression, got paranoid, closterphobic,couldn’t eat, well just about anything you could imagine. I guess i was consumed about, ” why me.” i did everthing right. Please watch out for her and most of all, let her vent or cry or whatever. It helps heal. If she would like to write to me I would be so very glad to talk to her. You never get over this kind of thing, only learn how to deal with it. I think of little Billy everyday. You and your family will always be in my thoughts and prayers. xoxoxoxoxo Roxie

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 8:18 pm

Dawn,

I’m so sad to hear about your loss. You and your daughter are in my prayers.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2007 at 8:00 am

Roxie and everyone else thank you all so much for your kind and caring words. Roxie I will let Monica know about your reply and if she wants to get in touch with you I’ll let you know That is so very thoughtful of you thanks again.