Just a little blue

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2006 at 10:26 pm

Hi guys. Just needed a little moral support. My first born has left the nest. My daughter has moved to Indianna. She told me about two weeks ago that she was planning on moving on the 11th so I kept hoping she would change her mind. But tonight she walks in and says guess what, i’m leaving today…oh noooooo. I said wait I thought i had one more day to convince you to change your mind ๐Ÿ˜‰ of course she laughed and said no way. she has went to live with a friend, no job, no money nothing. they will live with this girls grandmother until alyssa can find a job. then they want to share an apartment while they go to school…help…no one prepared me for this..:) I’ll give her lots of love and support but man am I gonna miss her.

Also, could everyone keep my family in your prayers, my uncle passed away yesterday morning from Lou Gehrig’s Disease. He was just diagnosed two weeks ago. A very rough time for my mom and her siblings. ( he was her brother in law). We always called him daddy uncle bob. So if there are john deere tractors in heaven i’m sure he’s putting along waving at all of us.

Thanks for your support guys.

Sherry

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2006 at 10:34 pm

Sherry, I’m so sorry for your sudden loss. And to have your daughter leave the nest at the same time . . . It’s a lot for you to handle but remember you can only do it one step at a time. My prayer thoughts are with you and your family members.

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 9:23 am

Sherry,

I wish I had something to say that could really help, but all I can say is that I am so very sorry for the loss of daddy uncle bob, and as Judy said, your daughter leaving at the same time. I anticipate my daughter moving out in a few years time, (oh I know its still a while, but I do think about it often) and it certainly isnt something I look forward to. My son still has [B]well[/B] over a decade to go, but I jokingly said to my husband that I will find him a wife who doesnt get on at all with her parents, and they can spend all their ‘holiday’ days with us, then I will have my daughter, son and their families with us – LOL. It was a joke, but ….. Hmmm maybe …… ๐Ÿ˜‰ . Thinking of you during this very hard time.

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 10:35 am

Sorry for the loss of your uncle. That is a terrible disease. My dad passed away from ALS 10 years ago.

You will definately miss your daughter, but I have to tell you…once you get used to it you are going to be happy.

When my first one left home I was upset, by the time the last one left I was thrilled! I always said marriage goes through stages. You have the courtship/honeymoon phase, then comes the kids and you get lost as a couple. When the kids move out you go back to the honeymoon stage. You will miss you daughter, but just remember that she is only a phone call away.

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 6:01 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I’m thinking the honeymoon phase will have to wait since her dad is married to another woman..:D don’t think she would appreciate the intrusion.

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 8:19 pm

Sherry,

So sorry to hear about uncle Bob. My mother-in-law had ALS 30 years ago. Rick and I got married a year early so she could be there.

My son Will bought a house and moved 50 min. away. My friends thought I’d lose my mind. But I have to admit life is easier. In the morning the house is still clean, there is a empty laundry basket and food in the fridge. It has it’s advantages this empty nest. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We talk to Will much more than we did while he was here.

The up side for me was I had a whole new house to decorate (what every 24 year old dreams of!) :p We tore up all the yard and started from scratch. He and his neighbors are happy with the yard.

Good times are to come. You have already been thru the worst. Make this a time for you.

• July 12, 2006 at 5:43 am

Nobody can tell you how to prepare for your son or daughter to leave the nest. At 18 my son left to go to college out of country. But between the ages of 8 and 18 we spent the winters ski racing the New york USSA circuit. They were the best years of my life. The worst day of my life was when we took him to the airport for him to go to college. I would live through GBS a 100 times before I would do that one day over.
      Bill

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2006 at 11:30 am

Sherry,

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle and will keep him and the family in my prayers.

Empty Nest Syndrome can be hard in the beginning, but believe me when I tell you, you get so used to it that when they come home for a visit you wonder to yourself “When the hell are they leaving again” ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m back living with my youngest son Dan right now, but that will change next year when my lease is up on this apartment.

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2006 at 11:22 pm

Thanks guys, I can always count on you to keep me smiling. ๐Ÿ˜€ Kandi, glad to hear Will’s housing is going well. I think we need to make a trip to Michigan and help decorate Jerimy’s new place. I think scarlet and gray would make great living room colors and the lawn would beautiful with a few buckeye trees. What do you think ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2006 at 1:02 am

stormy…you’re not one of “Those people” are you?! Blue and Gold look much nicer in a room!!!! the trees can stay—good luck getting a buckeye tree into Michigan!!!:)

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2006 at 9:04 am

Sherry,

Jer would have a stroke if we painted his house in ‘THE Ohio State’ colors. Let’s go!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2006 at 9:16 am

I’m quite uninformed, please tell me what the Ohio State colors are? :confused:

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2006 at 12:31 pm

Guess what? I am sitting here in Indianna visiting my daughter. My son and I went to the Ohio State Fair last night and saw Steven Curtis Chapman in concert and then drove on to alyssa’s house after that. We arrived here about 1:30 in the morning. Boy what a relief to see that she is living in a nice apartment and a safe place. I hope i can help her out while I am here. Just wanted to let everyone know i’m not BLUE anymore.

Sherry

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2006 at 2:41 pm

Sherry, glad to hear your daughter is safe and doing well. Sounds like you’re going to have a great time while you’re there. Have fun………Vicki

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2006 at 9:12 pm

Wow Sherry,

Seeing Steven Curtis Chapman AND then going on to your daughters ‘new place’ …… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ , too much excitement in one night ๐Ÿ˜€ . You do sound much happier, and I am glad that you have seen where she lives now. Knowing she has a nice, safe place helps ease your mind a great deal Im sure.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2006 at 8:40 am

Sherry,

I’m just now seeing your post, and I don’t have children (yet). But . . . as the kid who did the leaving (my other three sisters have all moved back home), I can tell you that your daughter will end up getting homesick and wanting to come back in about 10 years. Let’s just hope she doesn’t meet a man who has no desire to take her home (Ben). What part of IN is she in? You all should hop the first train and come see us!

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2006 at 4:01 pm

Buckeyes are banned in these parts so you would never get anywhere near my house with that paint ๐Ÿ™‚

[quote=Kassandra Ulrich]Sherry,

Jer would have a stroke if we painted his house in ‘THE Ohio State’ colors. Let’s go!! :D[/quote]

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2006 at 10:36 pm

hey jer,
      we would come in disguise..:D thanks shannon. alyssa lives in bloomington. she seems to like it. so we’ll see how long she lasts. thanks guys. i would love to hop a train and come see ya. i’ll get there eventually.
      \
      take care guys

sherry

hey jer, don’t answer your door to strangers you never know who it might be.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2006 at 10:43 pm

I will screen my guests more closely from now on

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2006 at 11:08 pm

hi guys. just an update. i returned from indianna friday night about 8. on saturday i was exhausted, layed in bed until 3:30 pm..didn’t sleep the whole time but just tired. got up because my back hurt. on sunday i was extremely congested, almost like allergies, took medicine all day, cleaned house did laundry ect. today i woke up and have had a headache all day, my ribs and muscles hurt like crazy and i’m still tired. i’m leaving tomorrow night to stay in columbus and flying out of ohio at 6 am wed morning to go to oklahoma but a military graduation. we will fly back on saturday..i’m afraid this is all gonna be too much. i just want to crawl in bed and stay there for a week but it hurts to lay that long..help. any suggestions.

thanks guys.

sherry