June 29, 1993

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2012 at 3:53 pm

It’s been a while since I have been here. A lot has been going on. Nothing like the day when your life changed…

June 29, 1993 a day my life changed… I woke up with numbness and tingling in my hands and feet. The doctors told me I had something that I never heard of before. Guillian-Barre’ Syndrome. The paralysis slowly to away my independence, my ability to walk, talk, and almost my life!!!
      When I think about the time my blood pressure dropped to 60/30, I was out of here.
      BUT GOD!!!
      I have had some ups and downs during these pass 19 years. And death has taken away some people who I love. Cancer has knocked on a few doors of some people who mean the world to me, some made it and others didn’t. And even now my heart hurts about a friendship that is hanging on by a tread.
      BUT GOD!!!
      The doctors said, “I would be in a wheelchair the rest of my life”. BUT GOD had a better plan!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
      So here today June 29, 2012 I’m STILL alive!!!! I still have numbness & tingling. I still have ups & downs. I still have some bad days, but thank God I have more good days!!!!

• GH
      June 30, 2012 at 1:35 am

Good attitude! Always look at the upside and remember that there are others who are less fortunate.

• August 20, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Amen! It’s good to see that despite going through this for years, your faith remains strong. I’ve been going through this for almost a year, but faith in God gets me through the hard days. Always smile because you’re still hear in the land of the living! And yes, there are others who are less fortunate, so it’s even more to be thankful for! I pray for all those who have been recently diagnosed and those that have been going through this for years. Stay strong and look up!

-Talisa

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Queen – I think I remember you on here. I’m going on 15 years and still have ups and downs also. I finally got disability last year which has allowed me to have a bit of a social life which helps with the depression that often accompanies this isolating illness. Glad to see you back on this forum…I’ve been away since last year but I feel the need to assist others anyway I can.  So… I’m back!!! And I hope you come here more often too 🙂

Chrissy