job placement orgnaization for disabled americans!!! (telecommuting)

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2008 at 1:05 pm

i was searching for jobs that i could do from home, when i came across this organization called NTI (National Telecommuting Institute). From what i understand, it is all from-home work that is usually customer service, but they do have other jobs, too. I remember reading they pay $8 to $15 per hour. Their website is, http://www.nticentral.org.

it sounds like a credible place. they have a lot of info about their history, which is reassuring. i read through a couple of the job postings and it pretty much said that you just have to have certain hours dedicated to the job and a quiet setting during those hours. you know, no dogs barking and babies crying while you are trying to serve your customers. oh, and a seperate phone line for the job. the one i read was customer service for Meijer. I did see some other jobs that required a degree (like computer tech stuff), but most of them didn’t.

it says they provide a lot of staffing for the IRS, Veterans Affairs, Immigration, AAA Roadside Assistance, etc.

i was wondering why more people dont know about this. told gab111 that it seems like a win-win for everyone, and wondered why our best-kept secrets are always the ones that should be shouted over loudspeakers all around the coutry.

hope this info can help some of you. there was other information there, too, to help disabled americans improve themselves.

good luck to all of you!
      jamie

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2008 at 1:28 pm

i just went to the nticentral site to see what is posted right now. a bit of what i found…

IRS – 200 jobs available

Auditing customer service calls – 20 jobs available

Mortgage telemarketing

etc., etc., etc.

I believe i read on the same site that they have medical transcription, too. but i did look at a few sites, so i may be mistaken. i didnt see it posted as a job vacancy right now, but im pretty sure it was the nticentral site where i saw it.

forgot to tell you that you will need a computer. it has the specific computer requirements listed, along with the typical job requirements.

it said the pay is $8 to $16 per hour, plus an extra $1 to $3 per hour here and there. like, X amount extra per hour that goes to a medical expense account, plus other things like that. i think ithat is for all of the jobs, but it may have just been specifically for the ones i read through. all that can really add up, right? didnt see any mention of medical benefits, but wasnt looking for it, either. i was just kinda skimming through the stuff so i could give you guys a general idea of what is there.

i didnt click on the “get started here” link to get to the job postings. i just went to “about us” or “about NTI”, and i found a “current job openings” link there. so you dont have to waste your time filling out an application or giving them personal information. I gave them absolutely no information and still found out everything i wanted to know.

i also read that the job expenses “will be subsidized”. i assume that means you will not have to pay for the expenses or will be reimbursed for them?

anyway, take care and good luck!

Jamie

ps – i did see a link for job counseling, too.

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2008 at 1:33 pm

thanks for posting this information. it might be somethng that I may end up doing in the future
      mj

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2008 at 4:29 pm

youre welcome;)

hope this really helps people out. i know how the financial issue just compounds everything. like i told someone else, $8 to $16 per hour isn’t as much as i made before, but it is way better than nothing. plus, the convenience of working from home, along with the other services they provide, can really be life changing for a lot of people.

good luck!
      jamie

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2008 at 10:05 pm

Jamie-Michiagn Rehab Services is also able to help some people train, help with the needed equipment, etc. My neuro doc filled 2 forms out for them and at this point they are not able to find anything for me based on what he has allowed:mad: Might try Mich. Rehab in your county too. There really are a lot of jobs out there we all can do, just have to find them. And we will find them.:) 🙂 🙂 Emma

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2008 at 11:23 pm

thanks emma. never heard of michigan rehab. i hope everyone here finds something they can do, so they can feel more in control, more independent.

it has been really hard for me over the past 7 months, not being able to work. like ive said before, i have worked full-time since i as 12 years-old, was raised by workaholics and am married to a workaholic. my hubby never, ever, ever misses work. my parents still work. being home while everyone else is working all day really puts a damper on the self-esteem, for me anyway. my teenager doesnt seem to understand, either, and is sick of hearing the excuses. he is always saying he wants to move into a new house, get a motorcycle, get a quad, and dirtbike, etc. these are all things we planned on getting and then i got sick. he’s a sweetie but he can also be so selfish, and even mean at times, throwing it in my face that i “dont even work”. he made me cry this week with that nonsense, but i know the truth so i tried not to hold onto it for a long time.

anyway, things are looking up for me now and im getting anxious to go back to work – okay, to make money:p not much longer to go, i think!!!