Jc10

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2011 at 10:49 am

Thinking about you today starting IvIg. Don’tbe afraid, just go in and relax and watch some TV! HA HA! The first day I went w out patient I watched tv and enjoyed not having two kids screaming needing me all day and to watch something other than Dora and Super Why!

Hope it goes well today and just know you’re in my thoughts!

Mel

• August 30, 2011 at 9:44 am

I did the same thing. It has been so long since I sat down and watched something on TV that I wanted to see. I always have to watch Sponge Bob or iCarly or some other kids show. I forgot how nice it was to have the TV to myself and watch junk TV in the middle of the afternoon. IVIG does suck but the time I get to myself is a treat! I try to think of it as me time. I bring some of my favorite flavored water and a treat to eat and then I just veg, watch IV, snooze or read a good book. The time actually goes by quite fast (my infusion takes about 5 hours). I usually book it at 7 am on a Saturday or Sunday morning and I am out by 1:00 PM and still have the day to play with my daughter. 😉

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2011 at 1:41 am

wow you guys had a tv in your room?? not me… ;( i have had wifi for the past 3 days but tomorrow they’re putting me another floor where there is no reception…

yesterday I THOUGHT i might have actually been trending upward, i had more energy and felt optimistic but today i feel weaker again and depressed. my finger is killing me and yesterday and today i had severe pins and needles in my left foot. i have NEVER had it like that before, usually it’s just my toes feel kind of weird and numb but this was the whole bottom of my foot and it felt like i was walking on a bed of needles….

• September 1, 2011 at 8:38 am

I don’t get my IVIg at a hospital. I go to an infusion center at the University of MN. Each person has their own tv in your little room. I need to go to an infusion center because they have weekend and early evening hours. Most hospital infusion centers only are open from 8 to 3 M-F. I need a 5 hour infusion every 21 days and I was using up all my PTO going to infusions. So I switched to the U of M center because they are open on Saturday and Sunday and they stay open in the evenings on weekdays until 7 PM. I figured that if this is for the rest of my life I need to find a way to make it work with my schedule and start living my life again using my PTO to have fun and not to sit in an infusion center. So far, so good.

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm

apparently they have been hiding the dvd players from me…got one today and watched the movie, “serendipity” was cute…