IV Therapy……

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2006 at 7:46 am

Good Morning to you all! I wanted to let you know that Corey has had his first two treatments of IGG IV Therapy. However I was quite confused as they didn’t offer Acetaminophen or Benadryl to him. He has been getting 3 bottles a day and it’s been taking anywhere between 3 to 4 hours. So far I think he’s tolerated them pretty well, but he’s so tired afterwards and he gets such an awful headache. I talked to the Neurologist yesterday and he wants him to continue the full five days and next week would like him to start Physical Therapy. So we continue to pray that he continues to improve. Being that he ‘s never ever been sick he stopped his health insurance and hasn’t had it the past three years, so I’m in the process of trying to get him on medical assistance. I do know they will pay some of his hospital bills if he qualifies, what about the IV therapy, as I hear it’s very expensive? Thanks to you all and as I can I will continue to keep all of you updated.

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2006 at 9:16 am

Good morning Erin. I would ask his Dr. but the standard for pre-medication before IVIG is typically Tylenol and Benadryl to attempt to minimize any problems/allergic reaction. It sounds like he has the headache so the pre-medication would of helped him.

Regarding IVIG and the cost. If you can find out the brand that he is receiving, go to the Pharma. company website, almost all of the manufacturers offer some type of programs to make sure he gets his IVIG and other medications. Before I was able to get medicare/medicade I was in Pfizers Connection to Care programs for my medications. This website also has some information that will help with assistance programs: [B]needymeds.com[/B] (cut and paste into a browser).

Email me or private message me if I can help further. Take care and have a good day.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2006 at 10:08 am

Don’t forget tylenol and drink lots and lots of water. good for your veins and good for the headaches. I am also one of the people who take longer to absorb the IVIG so results could take a little longer. best wishes