Itchy skin

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 12:07 am

Is this a common risidual? I have never known nate to have this but today he is not feeling well at all and says he is really itchy, all over.
      His back is really hurting him too.
      Trudy, natesmom

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 8:38 am

A week after I was home I suddenley got a rash on my skin and it was very itchy. My dr said it was a reaction from some med he had me on so I quit it. also I read on line that with IVIG that it killed all the bacteria in my body. I started eating Yougart every day and in 7 days the rash had gone. My back stilled itched and had lotion rubbed on it several times a day. Make sure any lotion you use has no smell. It has been several weeks and now my back has almost stopped itching. I truley feel it was the IVIG and not the meds.
      Steve (lakoda)I also saw a determinoligist.

• April 17, 2007 at 9:01 am

Natesmom

I get itchy especially during the night. I get really restless and hubby says I scratch all over like I have bugs. I never have a rash or anything that would indicate something causing it (and I havent been on meds for several months except Wellbutrin and occassional Serax), but I know benedryl before bedtime helps (I dont take benedryl if I take the serax). Not sure if Nate can take it because of his other meds, but ask his dr. Lotion of course helps as well…the kind htat is for extra dry skin, preferrably something natural like Burts bees or another without alcohol or unnecessary stuff.

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 11:29 am

The first few years my back was very dry and itchy. Finally, now when I want my back scratched it’s for the “feel good” not the necessity! I wasn’t taking any meds or IVIG to cause that. Another residual!!

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 9:31 pm

i itch [a residual of my gbs] & take zyrtec as needed. my allergist allows me to take 20 mg/day. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2007 at 4:38 pm

I have CIDP. I don’t use Ivig.
      Before I was diagnosed, I was allergic to bleach and aloe vera.
      Now it feels like I’m in a bed of poison ivy most of the time. I take atarax
      when things become too unbearable, zyterc also works well for me.
      I hope something works for Nate too.

Pallas.

• Anonymous
      April 19, 2007 at 4:09 pm

Trudy,

I usually have to put lotion (fragrance free) on my legs every night. Sometimes I take Tylenol PM – which has some sort of benadryl in it. I think my leg situation might be like restless leg syndrome, but this helps without major meds.

Now I have also had what I call underground itching and usually around my ankles when I am really fatigued. Nothing but rest helps that.

• Anonymous
      April 19, 2007 at 4:34 pm

the only thing i can suggest that i haven’t seen yet is make sure nate has short nails-i found out the hard way, i scratch myself soo bad i swell up and get big sores. i use intensive therapy lotion on bad areas to relieve the itch before i start to scratch now.:D if lotion doesn’t help try the udder lotion-is great for skin!:)