It’s my day to celebrate :-)

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2010 at 11:31 am

Hi Everyone!

It’s been a while since I’ve been here, a lot has been going on!
      Though today I celebrate two things….

One I’m celebrating my 40th birthday and
      two celebrating 7 yrs and still going strong ๐Ÿ™‚

My onset to MFV GBS was on March 24,2003 and I’m still moving forward not as fast as I would like to it’s ok I’m glad to be living and moving around.

I still live with severe residuals, walking with a cane and a foot brace.
      I’m looking forward to so many things as I’ll be starting Swim therapy again in April.

I was in Swim Therapy last year and had to stop as my grandpa suffered a severe stroke and was hospitalized. He was getting better,he turned 84 yrs old then suffered a second severe stroke and passed away a week later.

Family took it really hard as our grandpa was one in a million. He and my grandma were married 65 yrs, they have 9 children, 22 grandchildren, 22 great grandchildren and 13 great-great grandchildren with more on the way!
      Big family!! and still growing!!

We miss him so much, as we miss my Uncle who passed away suddenly in January of 2008 who was also my grandpa’s son. Then in June 2008 my very close childhood friend suddenly passed away as well.

I was staying with my Grandma while my Grandpa was in the hospital and then 2 weeks after everything happened. I was thankful to be able to be able to be there for her as we had spent a lot of time together it meant a lot to me. My family now worries about my Grandma a lot thought we all try hard to keep visitng,calling and keeping her busy. She’s been doing pretty well.

As for me I’m doing alright good/bad days still going strong and never giving up. Live,Love and Laugh! The 3 L’s to follow that will truly help us all.

Just want to say hello to everyone and share some news!!
      On my way to the doctors then going to celebrate for the rest of the day and weekend too,LOL! take care, xo Valerie :-);)

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Happy Birthday Valerie and congrats on still going strong!! ๐Ÿ˜€

You sound very positive and upbeat, which is wonderful. Sounds like you’re gonna have a blast this weekend. Enjoy!!

Take care,

Tina

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2010 at 7:40 pm

[QUOTE=Tina]Happy Birthday Valerie and congrats on still going strong!! ๐Ÿ˜€

You sound very positive and upbeat, which is wonderful. Sounds like you’re gonna have a blast this weekend. Enjoy!!

Take care,

Tina[/QUOTE]

Tina!
      Sorry it’s taken so long to respond!
      And I did have a really great weekend too!:-)
      How are you? Hope all is going well, take care. Valerie ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Happy Birthday Valerie. And congrats on the 7 years of going strong. We will keep you in our prayers.