Is this part of GBS?

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2006 at 10:26 pm

Hi, I a newbee to this thread. I was diagnosed with GBS about 8 years ago. My right chest muscle and right tricep stopped receiving signals from the brain. I could no longer work out at the gym. About 1 year later, I seemed to be okay. But since then, I frequently get extremely sensitive skin sensations, almost feels like a sunburn, for several days at a time. It happens in different areas. If I rode my bike, then I would get the feeling on my hands. They would ache. The skin would be so sore to touch. “Trameel” cream seems to help. If the shower water stream was anything but light, my scalp would ache for days and be so senstive to touch. I get it on my legs, my buttocks, my groin, my arms. I now wear golf gloves most of the time outside to prevent it on the hands. I’ve had it on my face where only 1/2 of the face would be so sore to touch. Does anyone know what this is about?

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2006 at 10:52 pm

hi geh & welcome,

assuming you do have gbs, your skin sensitivity can be a residual problem. you might try resting big time for a month & see if it gets better. gbs is symmetrical so to have your right side give you problems & nothing on the left does not sound like gbs. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength