Is it possible?

• Anonymous
      December 14, 2007 at 2:37 pm

I haven’t written in a while though I have been reading. You know, it’s coming up to one year since I stopped working, started treatments and began my healing journey. When I found this forum in May of this year my world expanded and my knowledge grew. I was really struggling with feeling so bad physically and trying to understand how to integrate this condition into my already complicated health concerns. After several failed attempts at treatments and then going on a regimen of Methotrexate and feeling sick from that, I wasn’t sure if I was coming or going. I finally allowed myself to just be and not over examine every feeling. I learned to just be still, listen and do what is best for my body. Between my Occupational therapist and this forum I learned how to accept, adjust and not resist. About two or three weeks ago I started to notice that I am feeling stronger, have more energy, and can do things I couldn’t do before. Hesitantly, I began thinking that maybe the metho is working. But I didn’t want to get too hopeful for fear it wouldn’t last. But I have been slowly letting things take their course. Yesterday I started to feel some weakness in my arms and legs and fell asleep in the late afternoon. Today I feel tired, slow and a bit droopy. So I am trying to allow myself to just rest. I am curious if other people have experienced improvement but still have days of weakness? I mean is it possible to have ups and downs in such a short period of time? I don’t know if this makes any sense but I guess I want to know if it is common to have down days despite getting better.
      Thanks for listening. I appreciate everyone here. Thanks for helping me get back up from my lowest and be able to see life in a more hopeful way.All my best.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      December 14, 2007 at 6:37 pm

It IS hard to accept and deal with all the things that HURT when one gets this kind of thing…But that you have gotten to that place above and beyond is well, truly a testament to your real spirit! It has got to be strong.

Your statement that ‘So I am trying to allow myself to just rest’ is just that…learning some limits, aspects of which you can overcome, others, just deal with as they are.

Honestly, ‘fighting IT’ doesn’t mean fighting it tooth and nail, denial and all that…Fighting it, means learning the limits and doing all you can constructively around those limits. Gee we still have minds, we can learn, and do – albiet in different ways! Allug and Norb are proof to that.

So my heart and hand go out to you for achieving what many never will. You are stronger and well, stubborner than they! Please accept all my best!

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2007 at 9:28 am

linda,

“So I am trying to allow myself to just rest. I am curious if other people have experienced improvement but still have days of weakness? I mean is it possible to have ups and downs in such a short period of time?”

yep, UR normal, such as it is w us gbsers – lol. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2007 at 1:19 pm

I find I’m able to do different things each hour of the day. Right now my body is so messed up and weak it is difficult to get across a room with my walker and my legs just give out on me. Arms also weak.
      Thank heavens for my husband or i would need to be in assisted living.
      My weakness comes and goes. I will discuss treatments with MD on Mon. as 5 weeks of cellcept and 80 mg of PRednsione daily do not seem to be doing anything.
      Also, have leg and back pain and feet feel like a tight rubber band is squezing out all of the blood.
      Enough complaining, but I also am attemtpting to learn to listen to body and rest.
      Today is not a good day, getting electric zaps everywhere, so on computer for a short time and the to the tv.
      You sound if you have reached a good place mentally.
      Hang in there and God be with you.

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2007 at 12:04 am

Homeagain, Gene and blskat,
      Thank you for your encouraging responses. Homeagain, I did mean to relay that I am reporting good things for sure. And I am so grateful to be able to in really what is a short amount of time. I think the next challange is going to be to accept that some days may be harder than others but to see the forest from the trees. Not freak out and assume things are going in a negative direction or back to the recent hard times, but that it is just a dip in the road. Blskat, I hope you and your doctors are able to find a good match. Don’t give up. Gene, thank you for reminding me that I am “normal”. That is very reassuring.(I think;)
      Thanks again.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2007 at 11:21 am

Linda, I agree with Gene-You are Normal:D I go through those ups and downs every week, every day is a new day to me and some are good and some less so. My fingers are crossed for you Hun! Positive minds help the body in the best ways! Take Care!:)

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2007 at 7:48 am

Linda,
      I still have “good” days and “bad” too. I am now 18months out. Just as you have, i have learned to ride with the waves! I think the best thing to do is rest when you feel bad and go for it when we dont! 😀 I’m glad the methotrexate is finally kicking in for you. It took mine over 3 months till I really noticed that I was slowly improving too. I think the end of the year is a good time to look back and see what has happened to us in this past year and realize that we have made progress. I am happy for you. Happy Holidays!

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2007 at 8:57 am

Thanks Cheryl. Jan, I Am So Glad To Hear From You. I Hope You Are Doing Well Too. Still Thinking About You And Wishing You The Best.
      Linda