Involuntary Eye Twitching in CIDP?

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 1:19 pm

What does it mean if you have involuntary eye twitching? I remember being asked on several different hospitaliztions/dr’s. visit’s if I experienced this. Of course, at the time, no…….now…..yes! (Off and on x three days.)

I think all the nice people on this board who respond to my endless questions should start charging for their services! One of these days I hope my knowledge grows enough that I can stop thinking about having CIDP; it’s just on my mind every day.

Sheila in WV

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 2:26 pm

Sheila I know I was told it’s my nerves. When I am nervous and over tired I might get like that, like my eyes jumps twitches usually only one at a time. Check anywhere on goggle or Web MD and they will explain it better. I think I read that you can rub your eye when it happens to help it. But better check with Webmd.com for information.
      Isn’t just annoying especially if it goes on for a very long time?
      I hate it

Take Care

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 2:54 pm

I had the eye twitching for a few weeks and it is annoying. I was told not to worry and that my eyes were just tired. Not sure if that was true, but it went away and hasnt happened again. I was doing IVIG at the time. Not sure if it’s another thing that goes with that or not.

good luck with the twitch

Stacey

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 11:34 pm

Sheila, I had it a few times, main;y before a paralysis event. It went away on its own in my case.

• June 30, 2007 at 8:01 am

My eye twitches if I’m nervous or overly tired, it happens more than I like, lol. The doctor said it wasn’t anything to worry about, it’s just irrating.

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2007 at 8:05 am

Hang on, are we talking about twitching eye lids which is feature of tiredness or fatigue. Or twitching eyes which is nystagmus as seen in MS. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2007 at 11:33 am

To Doc David….

We are talking about an involuntary twitching on the lower lid; you can see the twitching….lasts for several seconds and usually repeats.

Sheila

• Anonymous
      July 1, 2007 at 7:49 pm

Sheila, I get sharp cramps in my eyes. One no longer dialates. Both are dry, and my vision deteriorates as the day wears on. I was recently dxd with Horners Syndrome affecting a primary neve. Totally unrelated to my CIDP, of course. Ahem.