Ins. Vrs Gbs.

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2007 at 12:21 pm

Hi You All Doing? I Need Your Opinions About This: When I Get Gbs I Was Working, And My Ins Stay Current For 12 Weeks, I Don’t Have Nothing For The Ins Yet But I Think They Are Going To Cut It Any Time. In My Job They Still Wating For Me, But I Used To Be A Vw Tech (fixing Cars) And I Probably Have To Look For A New Part Time Job For Start. My Q: Is Something That I Can Aplly For Medical Assistance Because Even W/o Ins I Still Need Therapy, Dr. Apps, Medicines. I’m In Texas And Don’t Have Any Disability Asst. Thanks For Your Comments.

• July 18, 2007 at 12:36 pm

There are benefits you can apply for thru the government. Where do you live?

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2007 at 6:16 pm

Herbert, apply for social security disability. You won’t get anything for at least 6 months without working any job, anywhere, just the way things are. Its kinda like recovery, slow process.;)

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2007 at 7:45 am

Herbert,

I sent you a private message. Please read the message and follow the instructions. I can help you. Take care.

Jethro

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 11:58 am

This is the same problem I am having. I had been at my job for over 21 years when I got GBS from a booster shot. My ins only lasted for 12 weeks and disability only paid for 6 months even though my Dr. still lists me as disabled.
      I applied for Social Security Disability and was turned down. I then took it to an attorney that told me it would take about 2 years to get anything. I am 44 yrs old and have worked all my life and paid taxes all my life and this is what I get. My husband is now working 55hrs a week to keep up with the bills and still has to help me with some things around the house. Are there any programs in N.Y. that I can look into?

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 4:55 pm

Cindy, get a different lawyer!!!! ssd doesn’t take 2 years to get in most cases, after you have been turned down the attourney will get it going even faster. just make sure you have all the paper from the first denial, and make sure your att. fills out the paper work exactly like the first papers and get all your drs notes to say disabled for longer then 12 months. don’t give up, keep a positive attitude.

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2007 at 8:20 am

HERBERT, I live in N.Y. and all companies have to carry diability Ins. for 6 months from the last day you worked. This is not medical it is for your income loss. It is usually about 1/3 of your gross pay.