Infection

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2011 at 8:55 pm

One thing for sure… I have CIDP.

I have been looking for other things that might be giving me the pain in my left leg. Last week I had a bone scan which showed signs of a bone infection.

Yesterday I had a ‘biopsy and culture done to see what the problem might be.

My question is.. Has anyone ever had this done and how long does it take for the pain to go away from this procedure. They took some Bone Marrow also.

Even with pain meds this hurts like crazy…..

Thanx, Kenee

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Yes I had the nerve cut out of my calf to send to lab to see if there has been any demylatioin and remylation.

I agree it hurts like heck. I found that keeping up with pain meds and elevating my leg by lying on the couch with my leg proped up on back of couch helped with the throbbing.

It does get better with time, hang in there. 🙂

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your bone infection. It sounds excruciating. My heart goes out to you. My father suffered from bone cancer, and though these are apples and oranges, I can imagine your pain is pretty close to his. I’m so happy to hear that you are having the necessary test preformed to diagnos your infection. Just keep reminding yourself that the tests are being performed, once the results are in, your treatments will soon follow. My goodness, as if CIDP wasn’t bad enough, a bone infection? I cant even imagine the pain you must be suffering. I know this post isn’t of any help or doesn’t give you any answers, but I hope it makes you feel that you are not alone. I will be thinking of you and hoping for you to get answers sooner than later. I wish your pain to stop. I don’t even know what to say, I wish you the best and for his darn infection to be cured. Please keep us posted as I am worried about you. You are suffering more than I and I know my suffering has affected every aspect of my life. I can’t even imagine adding bone pain on top of the daily pain CIDP sufferers endure.
      Yours,
      Florencia

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2011 at 9:35 pm

[QUOTE=Rhonda]Yes I had the nerve cut out of my calf to send to lab to see if there has been any demylatioin and remylation.

I agree it hurts like heck. I found that keeping up with pain meds and elevating my leg by lying on the couch with my leg proped up on back of couch helped with the throbbing.

It does get better with time, hang in there. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree with Rhonda. I had an ulnar nerve biopsy (right below the ankle) over 6 years ago and it hurt so bad!!!!!!! It still hurts now and it’s been 6 years!!! Worst part is that no amount of pain medication can take that nerve pain away! I’ve gotten to the point where the pain at the biopsy point was so bad that I asked if I could inject novicane right on the surgical spot. I get desperate sometimes. I really urge patients to leave biopsies as a last case scenario because this pain is lifelong. Lidocaine works sometimes, but not really. It just really sucks. I have never had a bone biopsy, but I have heard they are extremely painful. I can’t even imagine the type of pain that one has to be in for a bone biopsy to be considered. Going back to the Lidocaine, I can say that the patches work better than the creme. I dream of the day I can stay awake longer than 4 hours without needed a nap,and can walk, shower, dress or even sleep without pain.
      Be well,
      Florencia