In desperate need of prayers

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2007 at 11:41 pm

A year ago this month, my mom was diagnosed with an aggressive breast cancer. She had a mastectomy and lymph nodes removed. They said when they removed the nodes, they did not find any more cancer. They said that if it hadnt spread to the nodes, it hadnt spread elsewhere in her body. She underwent monster doses of chemotherapy and lost all of her hair after the first treatment. She was so very sick from that chemo that getting her to complete the treatments was almost impossible. After chemo ended, she started a treatment called herceptin…another breast cancer treatment that is put in thru her port once every three weeks. For a few days after each treatment, she is under the weather, sometimes pretty sick, but then snaps back. She also has alot of leg pain from that treatment.
      She is an active 67 year young lady with a very strong will and whole lot of stubborn. 😮
      She went for a routine chest xray and blood work last Monday. Yesterday she had to have ct scan b/c of a “spot” on her lung. She had said they wouldnt know until Monday but by talking to her several times tonight, I knew something was wrong. She doesnt tell me everything sometimes b/c she worries that stressing me aggravates my own stupid symptoms. She told my sister that she has to have more tests next week and when asked what tests, she just said, “tests”. She said maybe we will talk about it tomorrow.

I dont know what tests…I am thinking maybe a pet scan or biopsy, if they can biopsy a lung ?

My mom is the rock of my family. It’s just her and my two sisters and our kids and spouses. My mom never remarried. My dad died 17 years ago from kidney cancer and there are no aunts, uncles or grandparents. Just mom.

We are a very close family probably b/c there really arent many of us…but my mom and I are really close. I am the baby . I cant imagine what could be ahead.

Please keep my mom in your prayers.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2007 at 11:52 pm

Stacey,

Sorry, you and your Mom have a lot to deal with right now. Your are in My prayers for the two of you and the rest of your family. May you be blessed.

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2007 at 1:18 am

Stacey, sorry to hear about your mum, Please accept my prayers and hopes
      just hang in there I can tell you and your family are strong Kind Regards
      Paul

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2007 at 1:26 am

Dear Stacey,

Your Mom and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It is unbelievable how much the stubborn ones and those willed for life can sustain, I know because I am one myself. It breaks my heart to hear how much your mother and along with family has had to suffer. I hope things look up for all of you soon and that the test results all come back good.

Your family and mother are in my prayers,
      Emily

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2007 at 6:49 am

Stacey I hope hope everything works out for your mother.

I had a sister who had a mastectomy and the cancer went into her lymph nodes and I worry that it will come back.
      Also right now I am waiting for a call to go see a OB/GYN to get a colposcopy done. It is to find out why my pap tests are coming back abnormal. People at work say it is to check for pre cancer.
      Extra prayers for you

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2007 at 6:54 am

Hi, Stacey.

I can sympathize regarding cancer: my dad went through the removal of part of his intestines in April for it, and my husband’s had lung cancer (he just passed his five-year checkup). Know that I’m praying for you and your family. Regarding your own symptoms: remember that stress can cause problems (I’m pretty sure the heavy relapse I’m in at the moment was brought on by the stress of my dad’s surgery and some surrounding circumstances) and take it as easy as possible.

Deb
      London

• July 21, 2007 at 8:44 am

Hi Stacey,
      I am so sorry for all of these curve balls that keep comming your way. I will keep you in my prayers. Prayer does work! Hang in there and take care of yourself as well.

Love,
      Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Hi Stacey,

I will keep your Mom in my prayers. Sending good thoughts your way.

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Hello Stacey,
      You will be in my prayers that all will be well with your mom and right now, we will just pray that all WILL be well with your mom.

[IMG]http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/662/prayinghandsml1.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2007 at 4:54 pm

Stacey, Your Mom, You and Your Whole Family are All in My Thoughts And Prayers. Keep up the Positive Attitude, It will payoff.
      My Mother in Law had Breast Cancer and went through it well, My Father in Law just went through 2 chemo sessions for stage 4 Non Hodgkins Lymphoma-He was just told last week that He is Cancer free, not in remission, he has no sign of cancer at all. He went through Rituxan plus treatments since last November until June. It is possible to Beat Cancer even in the stage 4 category.
      Please make sure You take good care of yourself as well. Keep us posted. Take Care.

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2007 at 7:53 pm

Stacy,
      Your, your mom and your family will be in my prayers. I recently had an experience with and x-ray that led to a cat scan. After a few days of worrying, I found out that there was nothing wrong. Hopefully the same thing will happen for your mom.

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2007 at 10:29 pm

Stacey,
      So sorry to hear this news about your mom. I will pray that your mom receives the best possible outcome from her tests.
      Take care,
      Leanne

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2007 at 1:11 am

Thank you all for your prayers. I knew that I could come here for support.

My mom has a 3cm spot on her lung and is having a pet scan next week. Her cancer dr is going to get with her partners and decide how they are going to biopsy. Their meeting is scheduled for Thursday.
      My mom was very strong when she talked about it. Me, being the sensitive one, of coure broke down:rolleyes: , but she talked as if she’s thought about this for a very long time. She told my sisters and I her plans for her house and that she wants to sell it and move into something smaller. She talked about her estate and what we’ll need to do, etc. I know that is a smart thing to do…but it is SO hard to talk about.

I’ve been busy all night with getting our new house ready. We are doing a total renovation….and it is WORK. I’ve spent many hours just scraping glue from wall paper out of the kitchen. I have to be busy right now…as my body allows…

I cried alot…went to Wendys to get the family dinner and had tears rolling down when I paid the poor kid. He must have thought I was a nut.

I’m thinking about going to the dr to get something to help me thru this so that I can be strong for my mom. I dont want to cry in front of her.
      I have to be strong…the breast cancer was a monster…and we made it thru that. We’ll make it thru this.
      One day at a time.

Thank you all again, so very much.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2007 at 11:26 am

ONE DAY AT A TIME SWEET JESUS
      TEACH ME TO TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME.
      From my heart,

[IMG]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3014/courageprayerdf5.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2007 at 11:34 am

I THINK A HUG WILL HELP. THAT’S FOR YOUR MOM TOO.
      From my heart,

[IMG]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7803/hugswhitebearsn9.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Stacy, so sorry to hear about your mother. She will be in my prayers. It is a scary thought. I had a double mastectomy about ten years ago and yes the doctors tell that it can reappear at any time.

• Anonymous
      July 23, 2007 at 9:23 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your Mom sounds like a strong woman and I’m sure she doesn’t want to worry you with all the tests. Maybe she’d agree to having you go with her to her dr appts – it would give you some peace of mind to have all the facts. I’ll remember her in my prayers.

Cathy

• Anonymous
      July 23, 2007 at 9:56 pm

just wanted to give a quick update…

first, THANK YOU so much for the kind words and prayers. There’s not enough that I can say that would be able to express how much that means to me. You are people that dont even know me, but, praying for me and my mother. You are people that are so very generous with your hearts, no matter what…and that, is awesome.

She is going for a bone scan and MRI tomorrow and having the PET scan Wednesday. Her cancer dr told her that by Thursday afternoon, they would have results and be getting together to discuss biopsy. Tonite I talked to her and could tell she’d been crying. I try to talk about the things that happen in my day to keep her mind off it. It didnt really work.

I am so scared for her. I couldnt sleep last night. I fell asleep at 930 and woke up at 10:15…stayed awake till some time after 1:15am and my alarm clock started going off at 4a. I didnt get out of bed till 5:20. It’s like I am wired and I cant relax. I cant stop b/c when I do, I fall apart. I cant concentrate. I know I need rest…and I’m going to bed soon…
      I had the tv on and watched a show called the worlds largest man. Yikes.
      I couldnt turn it off b/c I wanted to see if he was going to be able to get out of his bed.

Anyway,
      thanks for letting me talk about this .

you are all very very kind people.

• July 23, 2007 at 10:30 pm

Hi Stacey!

I’m really fat too, not as big as any of those guys (100lbs overweight) I have seen that show three other times, you think I would be grossed out and do something about it! Anyway, I will continue to pray for you and your family. Try to get some sleep girl! At the rate you are going, I may have to come through on my earlier offer to come to your house and clean it for you so you can rest! It was exactly one year ago this week that we were in your neck of the woods kayaking in the Vermillion River! There is no way I am going to drive during Sturgis time again, so get some rest!!!!

Love, Dawn

• July 24, 2007 at 5:59 am

Stacey,
      My prayers are with you and you mom. Two years ago my family was going through the same thing with my Aunt. The spot was cancer and even with chemo and radiation they were giving her 6 months. As I said this was two years ago, she’s still here and the cancer is gone. Prayer does work, miracles do happen! Hopefully things will be even better for your family.
      Take care of yourself and keep the faith,
      Pattie

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2007 at 11:23 pm

Stacey,
      I am late in finding this site, but be assured that my prayers are added to those of the many others. Our God is an awsome God and He hears all of the prayers for your peace and your Moms healing. Try to keep your eyes focused on Jesus and his power, not focusing on the illness so much. I have read every one of these messages, and there is so much love here for you and your mom. Draw on that strengh in these difficult times.
      Mary Ann

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2007 at 8:05 am

Again, thank you all for your support and prayers. It really means alot.

Tomorrow she is having her surgery. They are going to remove the left lower lobe and she will be in the hospital for about 6 days or so. She’s scared and cries alot but she knows that so many are praying for her and she’s greatful.

My sisters and I have looked into a benefit for her b/c she has maxed out her pharmacy coverage for the year . I have a good friend that has a blues/jazz band and another friend that owns a bar. We’ve talked to both of them and are waiting until after surgery to make more arrangements.

With all of my medical bills I said we should do it for her AND me with a little CIDP awareness on the side. But, I was teasing. It’s not about me right now.

Thanks again….for everything.

Stacey

• August 6, 2007 at 9:33 am

Sounds like you are blessed with good friends {both on site and off}, a benefit is a good idea. Remember to lean on your friends, they are so important at times like these. You’re still in my prayers!

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2007 at 3:06 pm

Stacey,
      Prayers are going up for your mom until she recovers. Just look up…
      You’re such a loving and caring person, please take care of yourself and
      family.

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2007 at 3:45 pm

Stacey you are in my prayers I am so very sorry to here about your Mom. I believe prayer works. My Gob bless you and your family and keep you safe in his arms of love.
      Peggy

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2007 at 1:26 am

Stacey, Your Mom will be in My Prayers and thoughts Today. Please Take Good Care of Yourself also. Hugs!

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2007 at 8:08 am

Stacey, My thoughts and prayers will be with you today. Sounds like you have a great group of friends! Hang in there, and keep us updated. With all the extra stress in your life right now, make sure you are taking care of yourself too!

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 2:42 pm

My mom had her surgery one week ago today…on 8-7-07. They removed the lobe and the tumor was larger than expected. They also removed lymph nodes.

She is still in the hospital and they cannot get her oxygen controlled. She is now wearing a mask and they told us today the next step will be a ventillator.
      She has been confused and hallucinating. She has a UTI on top of everything else. She told the dr’s that they are holding her hostage there.
      She had a CT scan this morning and we are waiting for results. They suspect pnumonia or possibly a blood clot.
      The pathology report has told us that the cancer is stage IIB and spread to the lymph nodes. The doctor said they removed it all…but, being that it did spread to the nodes, I know that isnt good.

It is so hard to see her this way. I am with her as much as I can be. They give her breathing treatments and her whole head shakes afterward like she’s got Parkinsons.

We have cleaned her house and shampooed her carpet so when she does come home, her house will be nice and clean and fresh.

I have to get back to work and i am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open.

thank you for your continued prayers.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 11:30 pm

Stacey,

I am sorry to hear of your mom’s condition. I saw this rather late, but it is never to late to pray, so prayers are going up here for your mom.

God bless
      Blu

• August 16, 2007 at 6:52 am

Wishing the best for your mom’s speedy recovery. As always your family is in my prayers. And don’t forget to take can of yourself, you’re no good to your mom exhuasted. She needs you as much as you need her.

• August 16, 2007 at 9:52 am

Dearest Stacey,

I am so sorry all of this is happening to you. Sometimes, well, alot of the time, I wonder why God keeps giving the same people more to handle. On top of all that you deal with, I didn’t realize you work too. You are such a strong girl. I will pray for you to stay physically strong through all of this and I will pray that your mother has great care while in the hospital and that she can come home soon to the nice fresh house that her daughter so loningly cleaned for her. YOu are an inspiration Stacey! Best wishes and prayers are sent your way.
      Love,
      Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2007 at 12:34 pm

Wednesday afternoon they took my mom to intensive care. She was hallucinating and out of it. Her oxygen levels dropped and she wasnt stable on 15 liters. They put a mask on her and got things under control. She has amniodorone toxicity…a drug they gave her to take five days prior to surgery for heart rythym. She is still in ICU, not as confused, but not real well yet.
      They are giving her mass doses of steroids into her port to help her lungs and they say that is finally working. Her oxygen is at 4 to 6 liters now.

she may go to a regular room today. I am at work to make up for some time I missed last week. I was with her until late again last night and will go back when I get done working.
      I want her to come home, too !

It’s been a very rough 12 days.

thank you all for your prayers ! I know others are going thru tough times, too…and I so appreciate your sincerity.

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2007 at 8:28 am

After 15 days she is home. It’s harder at home than at the hospital, for sure.
      She is on oxygen and will be for a while. She lives alone so must have someone with her at all times. My oldest sister stayed with her last night but we dont know who is going to do it from here on. It’s hard for me b/c I have to be at work at 6am and I have a 4 yr old at home. He starts preschool Monday and I havent even gotten his school supplies yet.
      Last night I did the shopping for my mom…was there till 10p, went home to shower and sleep for a short time and here I am back at work. Will start the routine over when I get off work today. Friends, I am TIRED.

Her recovery will be a long one. But, finally she is home.

thank you so much again for your prayers !!!!!!

Stacey

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2007 at 3:59 pm

Stacey, Its good to hear your mom is home. You really need to watch out for you first, your babe 2nd and your mom 3rd. without you, your babe would need someone else to care for him-you don’t want that. and without you, your mom will need others to step up to help care for her. so start at home and make sure you stay in good shape. is there a reason your sister can’t stay with your mom? its her mom too right? the care of a parent takes more then one person, especially if that one person has a child and health issues of her own. Please try to reduce the stress, I don’t want you to burn the candle at both ends and miss out on seeing your son start school. You are all in my thoughts and Prayers. Take care.

• Anonymous
      August 23, 2007 at 9:09 am

I have two sisters. One is helping alot, the other not so much. The other one is the one that has stayed over night with her for two nights now. The first night home, my mom had an accident b/c she didnt make it to the bathroom in time. She is weak and barely getting around. She stepped in it, etc. My sister didnt even clean her up. It was all over her bed, etc.
      She said she cant handle that and wants my mom to wear a diaper. She’s even looking into assisted living places.
      We dont need that. My other sister and I are going to handle this. My poor mother was humiliated.
      Yesterday, the visiting nurse said my mom is dehydrated and shouldnt even be home. She wont eat and it too weak to even sit up. If there is no change today, we are taking her back to the hospital. They released her too soon. My mom will fight us but I dont think she can fight paramedics.

She should be better by now. Her inscisions look great. She is so sick and weak, if she doesnt improve soon…if she doesnt fight…she’s not going to make it.

I went over after work yesterday and cleaned and cooked her some dinner. She took one bite.
      I’ll go over today after work and I’m taking tomorrow off b/c I need to stay over night with her tonight and be there during the day tomorrow. Her friend that has been coming to stay during the day is leaving for England and has to get some things done.

My son will stay the night with me and we have arranged that Saturday I can go and get the things done that I need to.

I never imagined things to turn out like this.

I am trying to take care of myself first but finding that it really isnt possible.
      How does one do that in this kind of situation ?

thanks so much for letting me vent here.

• Anonymous
      August 23, 2007 at 12:04 pm

I’m so sorry! Dehydration sets the stage for alot of other things to pop up. And it happens so easy. My 90 yr. old mil had pneumonia this summer and boy was she dehydrated! The daughter she lives with doesn’t have the kind of awareness that knows things aren’t right. It’s amazing what some fluid can do to balance the body again. You and the whole family are in my prayer thoughts.