Im blue and mad!!!!!

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I had GBS a few years ago and my left still is not back to normal. I feel terrible. I try so hard and little results are shown. I just see everyone else’s lives speeding by and mine moving in slow motion. I am behind in school since I had to drop out, I’m broke, I get tired easily, I have no boyfriend, haven’t been on a date this year…. I feel like crap. 😡

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time.

The good thing is that you can vent and share your feelings with your online family.

Is there a friend that you can call to come over and keep you company?

Sometimes I find a bubble bath makes me feel more relaxed and then I can tackle my problems a little at a time.

Just know that we are hear to lend an ear.

Take care and hang in there,
      Rhonda

• April 16, 2011 at 10:33 pm

You say your left side is not back to normal, like is it your whole side, or just in the stomach? I once had pain in the right side of the abdomin which turned out to be from simvastatin, which cleared up after I quit taking the med.

• April 18, 2011 at 9:18 am

Hi Thirty Days Strong,
      The no boyfriend thing is probably a good thing!! Then you would probably have a pain in the neck!! 😀 I hope the nicer weather will cheer you up.

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2011 at 8:27 am

Miss Strong,

I feel your pain as I have been there. I still have numerous residuals and at times, feel terrible both mentally and physically. You have to hang in there as truly, it will get better. You simply have to focus on part of your nickname [B]”strong”[/B] and try to rebuild and work with what you have. I know it’s easier said than done, but it’s attainable.

Are you able to get assistance (a Pell Grant) to go back to school? Okay, I’m showing my age. Do they still have Pell Grants? Perhaps you can take a couple of classes. That will give you something else to focus on and get you out of the house. In addition, you might meet a great person when you least expect it. Yes, that’s a cliché’ but it does happen. Trust me. 🙂

Define broke. Does that mean no income or limited income from SSD?

It’s okay to be mad, just don’t let anger take over and get in the way of the positive things in life.

Hang in there,

Tina

• April 21, 2011 at 10:40 am

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hMfD6FDK5iY/S-_pbG8AaEI/AAAAAAAAAtc/9Yb6TI4WlEM/s1600/yoda.jpg[/IMG]
      “Yes. A Jedi’s strength flows from the Force. But beware the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan’s apprentice.”

Just trying to lighten things up a bit here. No disrespect to what you describe Miss.

Tina’s right, get out there and do ANYTHING you can get together. Volunteer somewhere, local hospital, play some cards at a retirement home, I dunno, just some suggestions.

I will also venture to say to be careful to not let GBS define you. You are a dynamic individual who has lots to offer the world. Dwelling on the negatives will not help nerves heal-worse than watching a pot boil (sorry for the cliche)

When I have felt like you describe I have also found there are plenty of folks out there with worse dilemmas to compare to. Japanese citizens’ probs have definitely minimized mine.

I was lucky to see early on, the dangers and ease of sliding into a negative self-fulfiling prophecy. Your mind is a powerful thing, whether you use it positively or negatively. I hope you choose your path wisely. Stay tough.

Best regards

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2011 at 11:39 am

NorthernGuitarGuy,

420 day was yesterday!!! 😀 That picture way pretty scary, but it made me laugh.

Hope you’re having a great day!!

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2011 at 11:45 am

Yes I have been where you are now. Your world will never be the same… and what tomarrow brings will be unknown.

What I did was put up a sign the read:

I AM TAKING BACK MY LIFE.

Start your Social Security claim now. Follow Dr.s advice. Research.
      Take time to let your body heal. And screeming as loud as you can releases lots of tension!

Comtact yur county to see if they can help with medical or foodstamps.

I wish you love and luck 🙂