IGA IGM IGG Antibody! Question here?

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2008 at 8:54 am

Andy picked up my other medical records Friday and I went through them and saw one doctor to another doctor telling that doctor that I have tested positive for the IGA-IGM-IGG Antibodies.
      I tried looking it up last night and really was not getting to many answers about that. What scares me is one article I read.
      Anti Phos Lipid Syndrome. And then I saw something about Helicobactor Pylori.
      Anybody know any sites that would give what diseases can be caused with these antibodies?
      With me having Lupus all these years… I just wonder if I have the Anti Phospolidid Syndrome and they just have never told me.
      I can’t wait to hurry up and get in Duke and let them rule out the Lupus and other possibles so I won’t be worrying anymore. LOL!
      Maybe I should quit looking at my labs huh? :confused:
      Sure hope it was tis thyroid causing my problems and don’t have something lurking that I am not being told about.
      Hopefully I will find something online today!
      Or maybe I should not go online and try not to think about it? :confused:
      I just don’t like seeing those antibodies. Makes you get scared!
      Well I best get going! Need my shower, laundry done and Sunday dinner to start! Going to try and get my mind off those labs. They were just recently done too! So that scares me!

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2008 at 9:39 am

Hey Linda, sometimes researching online can be scary! My daughter tells me all the time to stop bc it just upsets me. Take a few deep cleansing breaths, step back today and just enjoy the day and your Sunday dinner prep. (easier said then done, I know) Then Monday put in a call to your doc and get some answers! Sending hugs and strength to you 🙂

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2008 at 10:30 am

Hi Linda
      My understanding is that all three are common antibodies out of the five antibodies in the body. “Testing positive” may only suggest that they were looking for the absense of one, but all three were there. Without a great deal more information, there is no telling what they meant.
      So the best bet, as Smiley says, is to not worry about it. Enjoy your day!!
      Cheers
      Andrew

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Thanks Andrew and Smiley! Doing exactly what you told me to do! Especially after I found one web site reading HIV! No that stopped the looking online about those Anti-bodies! Don’t really think that would be my case here either! Was tested for HIV several times over the years because of a blood transfusion in 1984. And each test came out negative. The blood transfusion was over 24 years ago.
      Unless I ran into a dentist that was not cleaning his tools and I aquired HIV that way. Today no telling. I saw something on the news several months back about a Hospital using the same needles to cut on cost and several got hepatitis and were at risk for HIV. But I don’t think I have that. My symptoms have not been of that disease.
      Could be Lupus though! That is possible that Lupus might be trying to creep up with a flare. Very typical doing after surgeries too! Kind of strange but I had a positve IGA back in June when I had that attack on my nervous system. Sure hope that is not what is getting ready to happen.
      Right now though I feel pretty decent. Actually feeling better than I have in quite some time. Maybe it was a false positive test!
      I hope! But I am just going to ignore it until I see the doctors at Duke. Then ask them what that test could have meant.
      Does scare you though when you see something else in your records and the doctor’s don’t say anything to you about it, like they are looking for something and just don’t have the answers yet! Yikes! LOL

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2008 at 3:28 pm

I just want to say here that doing our own research and diagnosing, as Smiley said, can do more harm than good! There are so many diseases that mimic one another and there are also so many sites on the internet that offer inaccurate info. The best advice is always: Ask a medical professional. Research is good, but self diagnosis can be a dangerous thing.

Linda, the dr’s may not be telling you anything because there is nothing to tell! As Andrew said, they may have been looking for the absence of something. When we are reading our lab results, remember to question why those particular labs were being done in the first place.

Enjoy today. Ask questions of the dr’s. tomorrow!

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2008 at 4:22 am

Thanks Jan! Was not really trying to diagnose myself but more wanted to know what would cause those labs like that to be abnormal. Just wanted to know what diseases could cause labs to be positive.
      The only problem doing that is when you see diseases like HIV and APS. That APS is the worst you can have with Lupus.
      And we all know what HIV does! 😮
      I plan on calling the nurse today and see if she can explain that test result. Maybe she can give me some answers. Because of me feeling okay too, I doubt there is anything wrong unless it has something to do with this CIDP issue. The thyroid is under control though since that got removed and I am on meds for that now. Certainly feel better! Just weak though and can tell my nerves in my body got fried!
      If I start feeling bad then I will get worried. It might have been checking me too for inflammatory reasons since I have inflammatory problems.
      I was just curious of what all could cause that test to go positive. But really couldn’t find too much!